Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexiej

Ideas for Kitchen Desk

lexiej
9 years ago

Hello All! We are doing a "refresh" of our kitchen. Like so many others, we have the oak cabinets that have yellowed over time into that weird orange-honey like color. We also have oak floors so there is way too much oak going on. We plan on installing beadboard on the side of the cabinets, painting the cabinets, replacing the pendant lights, updating the hardware, and (hopefully) installing soft close hinges. After all of that is done we'll see if we want to go ahead and repaint the kitchen or install new backsplash.

My issue is that we have the typical kitchen desk area that we have never used. I am thinking about installing some kind of low shelf so we can move a few of the smaller appliances on the countertop to this area. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this? or have seen this done? Any other creative things to do with that area? We also have cabinets over the refrigerator that is empty because it can't be reached, it makes it worse that the cabinets are recessed over the fridge so it isn't lined up. I already have a butlers pantry where I keep all my cookbooks, do you all have any ideas of what we can do with that area? I'd like to remove the doors and put something decorative up there but I don't want a dust collector.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)