Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

Can I see creamy crackle backsplash pics?

sis2two
13 years ago

Okay, I know you are probably getting tired of my backsplash indecision, but I know that whatever I put in will be staying for a while and I want to get it right. My original plan was to use a creamy white crackled subway tile as my backsplash with my soapstone and though I have waffled back and forth, I still gravitate to it. It is neutral and classic although could be kind of stark since my lower cabs are dark green but do you think that should be an issue? If any of you happen to have the creamy crackle tile, would you mind posting pics. I am looking at the sonoma stellar subway. My soapstone has large whitish veins and the creamy tile matches the veining. I have tried some other colors( caramel, ecru, gold) but honestly it seems to fight with the soapstone and add another element to an already busy kitchen. Thanks for any and all help!

Comments (11)

• sis2two
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Hollister! You have a beautiful kitchen and I love your backsplash!

• jrueter
    13 years ago

Here is my tile: Montecito bisque crackle subway by Tilecrest - it was a very reasonable price compared to some others I found.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to tilecrest

• nik211
    13 years ago

sis2two I'm so glad you asked this! My husband and I are so stuck on what to do for our backsplash. White subway tile is our favorite but we both agree it would be too stark for our kitchen. We had been toying with the idea of doing something with glass or stone but I keep going back to subway tile :) It's been hard to find photos of subway tiles that aren't plain white so I am glad you asked to see something more creamy with a crackle in a real kitchen because I've been trying to find photos on my own and haven't had much luck.

I love both photos that have been posted so far! Nice kitchens!

• positano
    13 years ago

I just ordered the sonoma stellar krazy krackle in 2x6. I have two pictures for you that were my inspiration. one has the krazy color and one is creamy which is whiter. I think it is gorgeous tile!
    This is the 2x6 crackle in the krazy color ndvweb's kitchen

From herringbone

This is the 2x6 crackle in creamy...blakey's kitchen

From herringbone

Here is mamadadapaige's walker zanger crackle in 2x6.

From herringbone

• Rudebekia
    13 years ago

I have Horus Art Tile Tiffany in bisque. The second photo seems to give a pink cast to the tile, but that's just the lighting:
    {{gwi:1579212}}
    {{gwi:1579214}}

• sis2two
    Original Author
    13 years ago

For those of you familiar with the colors of the various crackle tiles, do you know what color in the sonoma tile is a lot like the bisque color I'm seeing. I really like it and its not too white. I really appreciate all of your feedback. And I love all of your kitchens. I don't see a lot of kitchens that have darker cabinets though with the creamy crackle color. If anyone has dark stained or dark painted cabinets with this kind of tile, I would sure love to see pics. Thanks guys!

• willowdecor
    13 years ago

Wow! I love everyones tile and kitchen!! No surprise we all have similar taste~

Here is mine - Horus Art Crackle with herringbone marble inset shelf.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horus Art Subway

• positano
    13 years ago

The color in the sonoma tile that looks more bisque is probably "Krazy Krackle". "Creamy" is a little whiter. Look on the website to check it out.

• hartntex
    6 years ago

@sis2two what soapstone is your counter? Would you use again? thx

• sis2two
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The only thing I really remember is that it is a Brazilian soapstone. When oiled it is black, otherwise it is a charcoal gray. I would absolutely do it again! I just love it!