Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcward89

Installing fridge panel against wall

dcward89
9 years ago

We finally started installing our beautiful cherry cabinets from Barker Cabinets this weekend. They are so beautiful and so well made...honestly, I can't gush enough about how pleased we are with them so far. But we have run into a question that my DH nor I immediately knew the answer to. I will definitely be googling today but I thought some of the experts here might have the answer off the top of their heads.

We purchased 2 panels for the sides of the fridge as well as a deep, over-the-fridge cabinet. The refrigerator is against a wall but it does not protrude enough to hinder the doors opening. I have seen several examples of fridge panels being installed next to a wall to give the fridge that built in look but we are unsure how to install that panel plumb. The wall is slightly off plumb so how do we shim it with the panel being so deep? I hope that makes sense. It's the bottom of the panel that needs to come out a little so how do we pull the panel out where it needs to be, wiggle a shim back in there somehow and then screw through that shim from the other side....is there an easier way to do that??>

Comments (4)