Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions please...XOt30s

Posted by holly-kay (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 10:03

Hello all,

I am trying to wrap up my hood selection today. My appliance dealer does carry Broan but he suggests either the XOt30s or the Zephyr AK70 with XO having the edge. They are located in Fabriano, Italy. My appliance guy says they are well known for the best ventilation products however I have never heard of them.

Both the Zephyr and the XO meet my criteria for 600 CFM with baffle filters. Who would have thought that deciding on a hood would be this difficult?

Does anyone have experience with an XO? If you do please let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions please...XOt30s

Our appliance dealer also recommended the XO. I went in planning to purchase the Zephyr and the guys at the store really urged me to consider XO. I, too, had not heard of XO. I'll be interested to see what others have to say. Holly- there are a couple of threads over on the appliance forum about XO but not a lot of info there either.

o

Thanks so much Belle. It just seems strange that a brand that is supposed to be so good is virtually unknown here.

I suppose if we go with the XO and it works well we will be lauded as brilliant for choosing it. I am inclined to take a chance on it but I certainly wish I could find some reviews. I guess a lack of reviews could mean it works great so no one is inclined to review it. On the other hand..........

o

I just went to xoventilation.com and they have a two year in house warranty on parts and labor, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee for 90 days after purchase. I am not sure how that compares to others but a two year in house warranty on parts and labor sounds good to me!

o

XO catalog

Here is a link that might be useful: XO Range Hoods Anyone?

o

We have a 36in XO hood, it was half price last year as part of a promotion from Bertazzoni. Very happy so far, best value we found for features/price.

o

Rococo, thank you so much for the link. I googled but couldn't find anything on GW.

MaggieQ, thank you for weighing in. It is reassuring to hear from peeps who have experience with a manufacturer.

I bit the bullet and placed my order for the XO. The AK70 was just a touch more but I decided to go with the Italian manufacturer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here