Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
back again for back splash color

Posted by Jonif (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 9:53

i posted this earlier but cant find it in here. I am trying to decide on a back splash. My counter top is tan/brown granite and it does have a lot of black to it. My cabinets are white and floor is wood plank. I had earlier planned on using white subway tile, but some folks on the Houzz site said it would not work! I dont want a busy look. So any suggestions would help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: back again for back splash color

You need a transition color like a very light tan or bone. White cabinets, beige tile which is next to the brown counter.
I had to do this very thing. My Giallo, when installed was much darker than I thought it would be with lots of dark brown. When I started to google, I learned you don't put brown and white together. I even had a designer come in because I was so frustrated. She said it's not working because they are competing. Brown and cream yes but not a stark white.
I used Grazia Rixi creama crackle tiles and it looks very nice. It was a struggle finding the right transition tile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here