Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of backsplash with soapstone counters...NOT white subways

Posted by fivefootzero (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 9:51

Can you post your pics of your backsplash if you have soapstone and HAVEN'T used white subways? I picked up a sample board of the Horus Tiffany Crackle subways (OMG so beautiful) and my husband's comment was that it looked like bathroom tile. Shoot me.

So I'm looking for ideas from those of you who have soapstone but didn't use the classic subways.

Thanks...and Boxerpups, I'm all eyes waiting for your reply!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of backsplash with soapstone counters...NOT white subway

We used a light green subway from Sonoma Tile, with an accent of their Tantrum tile in 1x2.

Our soapstone is Beleza, which has greenish undertones in places.

From Finished Kitchen

From Finished Kitchen

o

Thanks for the pic. Our soapstone is being replaced this week (don't ask)...and we will be getting Belvedere...very similar to yours.

Keep'm coming please!!!

o

My husband had the same response -- that's why I used bigger subs (4x8) and trimmed with glass mosaics. Below is a link to a previous thread -- I have pictures posted there. Also, if you click on "my page" next to my name, and then "my clippings" and scroll all the way down, you will see some more examples of BS with SS. Make sure you look at the LAST picture. I love that marble BS with the SS!

Here is a link that might be useful: thread with more pictures

o

Back-painted glass
Photobucket

o

Mine's copper:

Photobucket

o

Have you seen shanghimom's? I love her hex marble tile.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hex marble tile

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here