Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diane4570

Where to put the roll of paper towels? etc.

diane4570
14 years ago

I am obsessing over the little things, but in this kitchen reno, I don't want to lose anything that I have in my old space. I've never liked the looks of a roll of paper towels in a holder sitting out on a counter. Right now mine is mounted on a holder on the inside of my pantry door, but in the new kitchen, of course, everything will be different. I'm going to have a can rack on the inside of those doors. I feel silly for asking, but where do you put your paper towels?

I'm wondering the same thing about my under-cabinet mounted radio. I'm assuming that with under-cabinet lighting and light rails, there will be no room for my radio, either? I have a knife rack mounted under a cabinet, too, but have seen drawer inserts for that.

Thank you!!! (And I feel much better about ordering frameless cabinets now. Thanks to all who responded!)

Comments (11)

• hsw_sc
    14 years ago

I have the paper towel holder mounted to the inside of the left door of the sink base cabinet. I like the fact that it's out of sight, but easy to get to.

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Diane;
    I'm planning too -- mainly I want to get stuff OFF of the counter. Am preliminarily planning on using this from Ikea for paper towels, spoons, etc. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: ikea options

• ideamom
    14 years ago

I have mine attached to the inside door of the pantry. I have a small kitchen so I don't like alot on the counters.

• hgluckman
    14 years ago

We have our mounted inside an upper cabinet door. However, we did it because we have two bengal cats who love to destroy paper. All of our paper products - towels, napkins, tissues, etc have to be kept hidden.

• rhome410
    14 years ago

I have mine mounted under-cabinet between the stove and main sink, so handy to both, and just across the aisle from my main prep area, too. I can't imagine having them behind any door, because I always need to grab one with wet or messy hands! :)

• gardenburgher
    14 years ago

There was a thread started in January about paper towel storage. It had a lot of great ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: paper towel holder

• erikanh
    14 years ago

I bought that same Ikea paper towel holder to hang from my grundtal shelf, but a large roll of paper towels does not fit into it.

I've actually been trying to cut down on the number of paper towels we use. When I had a roll near the sink my DH and DD would always grab a paper towel to dry their hands instead of the cloth towel. Maybe inside a cabinet would be a better solution for us.

• reedrune
    14 years ago

I'm with erikanh.... I'm trying to lower my cleaning 'footprint'. Part of the new kitchen was a bunch of new microfiber cleaning cloths...but I can't get away from the papertowels entirely. Mine are in an ikea slide out bin thing - they are just baskets that attach to the inside of the sink counter and slide out. So I grab the roll and put it on the counter when I'm cleaning, and stash it away the rest of the time.

Also... full disclosure... I lasted 4 days with an unpacked kitchen and must go get clorox wipes.... so handy....

• hsw_sc
    14 years ago

erikanh, we mostly use cloth towels, too. I'm trying to rid myself of paper towels altogether, but can't seem to do it just yet. I keep saying to myself, "you didn't use paper towels in commercial kitchens, why use them at home?"

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

I'm in love with the idea of a recess in the base cabinet to put a roll in. I like easy access cause I'm ashamed to admit I use alot of paper towel but want as much off the counter as possible while maintaining a working kitchen.

• gizmonike
    14 years ago

I prefer the portable paper towel holder because it saves steps to have it exactly where needed, & can be tucked away in the pantry or cabinet when I want it out of sight.