Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Anyone have white appliances/cabinets?

Annie Deighnaugh
10 years ago

My GF is thinking about redoing her kitchen. She's in a tiny kitchen in a small cape cod house. She'd like to go with a cottage look, and was thinking about pastel cabinetry. She, like me, doesn't like SS appliances. So I was trying it picture the white appliances with the pastel cabinets and was thinking it was going to just chop up her small space more.

So I was thinking she could do white appliances and cabinets for a more unified look and then bring color into the space with the counters and backsplash....

So I was wondering if anyone has any photos of white appliances with pastel or with white cabinetry. I'd love to see them.

TIA!

Comments (12)

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

I have white cabs and white appliances. I think that's VERY common. I'm sure you could find thousands of pix of this on Houzz.

This picture shows the stove, microwave and the dishwasher (to the left of the sink). The fridge is over to the right and you can't see it, but it's white too.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Deb....that's very pretty. I love the dark wall color with it.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I am tired of ss also but there isn't much to choose from so I ended up with stainless anyway. I love how the white appliances look with white cabs. Very nice!

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

I think hlove's kitchen is a beautiful example of cottage style with yellow cabs and white appliances. Even her before kitchen was pretty!

Here is a link that might be useful: hlove's kitchen reveal post

• ArlingtonVAremodel
    10 years ago

Yellow cabs, white fridge (but stainless range on other side of room):

• msl511
    10 years ago

I've never been a big fan of ss, so my plan has been to do white appliances to the extent possible and it looks like I'll largely be able to manage it. (White for the dw, dbl wall oven, mw and fridge, black induction cooktop, ss hood).

I think it would like fine with white cabs, which is what I almost did, and wouldn't break things up with cabs of another color (my maple, your GF's pastel) and certainly not anymore than ss. If she's got the budget and likes the look, she can always go for paneled appliances that will match the cabs. In fact, I think white next to pastel appliances will be less contrasty and jarring than ss next to them.

• Arakashi
    10 years ago

Ikea has some very modern gorgeous glossy white appliances now...

• swhtech
    10 years ago

We did white cabinets with white appliances....we brought in color in the floor, wall color, and a granite with a lot going on....you can see my thread below.
    It's not quite finished, but pretty close....hope it helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: swhtech thread

• lascatx
    10 years ago

I don't have a photo to post, but my kitchen in our last house was white cabinets, white appliances and white counter. The tile floor was off-white. When we sold, the walls were painted a sage green and the adjoining room's wall of windows gave it all a garden room feel. Interestingly, we didn't get any comments on all the white when we sold -- just the fact that the tile size was "dated".

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all so much for your suggestions...please keep them coming. I'll be sure to show her as inspiration for her new kitchen....swhtech, your kitchen is a perfect example for her as the layout is similar to hers.

Arlington's and hlove's are great examples for colored cabs with the white appliances. It looks great and really gives that cottage feel.

• kitchen_maman
    10 years ago

I paneled my fridge and dishwasher, but I have a white stove and sink with my white cabinets. I am posting the link to my kitchen. I love the look. If I wasn't so set on panels and the AGA, I would have looked at the White Ice collection.

Here is a link that might be useful: My small galley kitchen, with lots of character

• hsw_sc
    10 years ago

I love all of the above kitchens!

Coastal Living Magazine always has pics of cute cottage kitchens. Here is a page with a couple from older issues. Some with white cabs, some with pale pastels, and most with white appliances.

Here is a link that might be useful: CL Beach Kitchens