Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank you for the outdoor sink idea . . . .

Posted by rjr220 (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 8:57

When I started lurking, someone posted a kitchen -- I believe it was a DIY, oak mission, maybe a foursquare?? And I remember their old kitchen sink with a frame out on the deck.

If you are still on the forum, thank you for including that picture. I told my carpenter that I wanted my old sink outside -- it has been marvelous. True, I keep reaching for the garbage disposal switch, and I only have cold water (I fill a basin with hot water from inside), but I love this baby. After the kitchen is done it's being moved to an hidden area to be used as a garden sink. My carpenter found 2 old sawhorses that fit the sink perfectly.

Photobucket

Please excuse the garden and yard. I've somehow fallen behind in yard work . . . . wonder why.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank you for the outdoor sink idea . . . .

Oh that's great! Beats a bathtub for dishes anyday! And how many of us when struggling with the faucet decision, just wanted to run a hose right in through the window and use that???

I guess if I don't sell my Kohler Executive Chef Sink on Craigslist, I know where it's going.... What a great place to rinse off veggies from the garden in the summer!

o

Thank you for posting this great idea! I have an old enamel sink that I plan to use for a potting bench--now I can show my husband the frame that you built.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look what DD#2 rescued from someone's junk heap!

o

My old sink is going outside too so thanks for posting. That's a great temp solution until I get a potting shed for the garden.

o

It's lovely! Funny how I can swoon equally over a $120k creamy white kitchen and a couple of old sawhorses supporting a sink. Love it!

o

I'm thinking of doing this very thing for garden veggies! Thanks! Any idea how the hose is hooked up to the faucet? Or, can you show us a picture?

o

Tomorrow I'll take a peek under the sink and see how they attached the hose.

Mama goose -- I love that sink -- I can see it going to work in the back yard.

Sold the old cabs on Craigslist today! Here the cabinets that we thought were particle board turned out to be plywood. They had coated the inside with this odd speckled coating that made it look like particle board. Oh, well . . . .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here