Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pull size on refrigerator drawers

Posted by lafacia (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 8:51

I read 8" is a good pull size for a 24" cabinet but I'm wondering if 12" pulls make more sense because its an appliance. ????? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pull size on refrigerator drawers

Hmmmn, I think it depends on how hefty your pull style is, and the length of the surrounding pulls. For example, if your other pulls are all 8" bar pulls, 12-inchers might look just right on the fridge drawers. However, if you have 4" pulls or a mixture of pulls and knobs, I think 12" is going to look ginormous on a 24" cabinet.

On our built-in fridge, I did two 12" for the french doors and an 18" for the freezer drawer. It is surprising how HUGE and FAT the pulls get as you go up in size. They look good on a full-sized fridge but would be too big for a 24" drawer.

Short answer--I DO think 8" is plenty.(In most cases, and without seeing your pull and cabinet styles.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here