Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jspann24

Bleach/Clorox staining granite?

JSpann
9 years ago

Just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of clorox/bleach creating a bright yellow stain in granite (Kashmir White)?

Kind of a long story... but the stain gradually appeared a few weeks after install and no one is aware of anything that could have caused it... granite company is claiming it must have been clorox and say they've found something to get it out but will charge us to remove the stain. The Poultice they told us to use hasn't worked (baking soda/peroxide). Granite company claims they tested out things on the granite to try to produce the stain and that the clorox did it......... but I am very skeptical (I am wondering if I should ask the granite company to recreate the staining for me on a chunk of it...)

It is around a white splotch right against the sink cut out. Will try to post a picture later.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts... I've seen posts about green bloom, but this is definitely a yellow and just in one spot... but I'm also seeing nothing about clorox STAINING granite.... (not to mention we dont believe Clorox has ever touched it...).

So annoying. Thanks for any input you all might have from your experience!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz