Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Do you have a soap dispenser at your prep sink?

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

Title says it all. I plan to buy a soap dispenser for my main sink and I think for my prep sink too. I assume I will need soap there, right? I've never had a prep sink before.

Do you have a soap dispenser at your prep sink?

Comments (15)

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Yes. I use hand soap in both. I would be lost without it at the prep sink as I wash my hands there more than at the cleanup sink.

• eleena
    10 years ago

Not yet, but I will (as soon as I pick a faucet). Can't imagine my life w/o it. :-)

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    10 years ago

Would not function without. I'm a modernist and like built-in simplicity. Not one more thing loosy-goosey on the counter or sink-side. I tend to overfill and get pissy when i put the plunger back in and soap oozes...so i use a chopstick and check as i fill like checking oil in a car. haha, it worked the last time i filled. (seems about every three weeks)
    These are super nail brushes used in hospitals. Plain and simple and at every one of my sinks.
    Go right in the dishwasher when i need to. Great for gardeners.

Here is a link that might be useful: doctor nail brush

• Molly Phillips
    10 years ago

Another "yes" here - and I am SO glad I have it!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

No. We don't wash our hands there.

• attofarad
    10 years ago

Yes. I haven't finished the remodel, so I haven't used it yet. It is for dish soap, not hand (same as the main sink), but will also be used for hands I'm sure.

• Missy Benton
    10 years ago

No, but I wish I did...

• muskokascp
    10 years ago

Absolutely! Hand soap in both dispensers at prep and clean up sink. The whole family uses them daily.

• gwlolo
    10 years ago

I added one based on feedback here. I am glad I did.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    10 years ago

I have hand soap at the prep sink and dish soap at the main sink. The prep sink is where I usually wash my hands, but I can wash them with dish soap if I happen to be at the other sink,

• dilly_ny
    10 years ago

Yes, very handy.

• lascatx
    10 years ago

I do. It supports my prep space where I handle produce and meats as well as my baking area where I handle butter, eggs, doughs, etc. If I only had produce, it might not matter so much, but with all we do there, I definitely wash my hands there -- more often than at the cleanup sink and my kitchen wouldn't work without that ability. The island space is also less conducive to having a soap bottle on the counter, so I think it's even more important at the prep sink than at the clean up sink [but I'm not giving up either ;-) ].

• meisocal
    10 years ago

Have it now, but not planning to have it in the new remodeled kitchen. Reason: 1) Never know when it's empty 2) very difficult to tell fill level when refilling and makes a mess.

• doonie
    10 years ago

Yes! I find it very useful at both sinks. At my prep sink, I am putting dishes together including those with meats, fishes, etc, so I think it's vital to clean my hands immediately after touching them. I am very happy I have one and consider it necessary to my way of cooking.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Meisocal--You need a NeverMT. It's a tubing system that connects your soap dispenser to any size container of soap of your choosing underneath the sink. My prep sink NeverMT is connected to a Costco-sized liquid hand soap container that wasn't quite full when I installed it. Its been 18 months of very heavy kitchen use, and there's still a couple inches of soap in the container. Love not having to refill the small soap jar that comes with the soap dispenser!

Here is a link that might be useful: NeverMT system