Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stainless Refrigerator with Black Handles?

Posted by janran (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 08 at 8:29

All of the refrigerators I've come across shopping in person and online have stainless handles, except this Whirlpool that I'm considering. I only saw it online.

I'm thinking that it might be nice--would match the black and stainless range better, not show fingerprints on the handles. On the other hand, I could hate it.

Any opinions?

Here's the link to it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Whirlpool GB9SHDXPS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stainless Refrigerator with Black Handles?

You can frequently get the handles on an appliance swapped -- no matter what kind it is, even modest-priced ones. So I would not choose an appliance solely based on the handles. I even had the door of my low-end Kitchenaid dishwasher swapped.

I went to a good local appliance store, with a reputation for good service, not a big box. I didn't even know these things could be done until they told me.

Personally? Not fond of the black plastic.

But then on some of the stainless, the "stainless" handles are actually just silvery plastic. Also, personally, I don't like the way it feels. I don't find fingerprints are a problem on handles. But that may just be me.

o

I like my black handles. As you noted, black handles help disguise grimy fingerprints! And help to break up the SS surface area. I like how the shape and color of my fridge's handles coordinate with the trim on my other appliances (all are Kenmore):
13108 137

o

I just chose GE profile and wanted all my handles to match (SS). Kitchen isn't huge, everything is right there so I didn't want conflict, but that fridge you're looking at looks really sharp. How do they look up close and in person. Do they look cheap? If not, go with it.

o

I haven't been able to find this refrigerator "in person" only online. Maybe I can locate another Whirlpool model with same handles to see how they look and feel.

o

Wr have a Whirlpool manufactured Kenmore that has the black handles. Like songria, we also like that the black doesn't show fingerprints etc like SS would.

Photobucket

o

Thanks for the pictures. It helps to see the refrigerator in a kitchen setting. Do I need to be concerned about matching stainless steel. I was going to go with the GE Profile Range and someone told me that GE's stainless is more gold than others'. And that if you want GE you have to go GE all the way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here