Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kemmc23_gw

websites for light fixtures?

kemmc23
15 years ago

Any great websites to purchase light fixtures? I am looking for a light over the island, as well as a light for over our kitchen table.

Thanks!

Comments (13)

• Nancy Adamopoulos
    15 years ago

I've had several good experiences with Lighting Direct

Here is a link that might be useful: Lighting Direct

• thankurnmo
    15 years ago

I used csmlighting.com and was pleased. (they were backordered, as it turned out, everyone was backordered on what I wanted of course. The charge did not appear on my cred card until the item actually shipped which is how it should be, but is not always.)
    There are quite a few positive reviews for lighting stores on the net.
    Also, most will match prices, so it benefits you to search a bit and decide who you want to deal with.
    What I have done is to find what I want, and then go to froogle.com which will give a good summary of who is offering it for what price. (you still need to look into it to see who includes shipping etc).
    Good luck.

• claybabe
    15 years ago

Bellacor allowed me to return the lights if I didn't like them, no restocking fee. I didn't need to return them, but it was a comfort knowing I could.

• Jean Farrell
    15 years ago

Try neenaslighting.com. Great selection of slightly higher end lighting. That site carries Visual Comfort lights, which are great. You can also get those from Circa lighting, which I think is www.circalighting.com.

• auchmedden
    15 years ago

I have also have very good experiences with Bellacor. Their prices seem to be quite competitive and I like their search function. Good luck!

• lisapico
    15 years ago

Check out neenaslighting.com. Lots and lots of lighting options. I enjoyed looking through their website.

• bethv
    15 years ago

We got our under-cabinet lighting from: Steve's Sea Gull Bargain Basement on eBay. We wanted the ambient strip lights, but we didn't see them on their site, but we requested a quote and got them for about half of other places. Our pendants I got from e bay too. I suggest you find what you want, and then search for it on line or e-bay. My pendants were a return, so I got them 75% off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seagull outlet

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

also check out: http://www.lightingnewyork.com/

I bought my Visual Comfort stuff from them and saved a ton. Also, looked extensively at neena's but the NY lighting prices were better and their shipping was very fast. it was a good experience.

• chefkev
    15 years ago

A number of GW threads I had researched went with Pegasus Associates Lighting. I just ordered under cabinet lights from them a couple of weeks ago and they came quickly and in pristine condition.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pegasus Associates Lighting

• californiadreamer
    15 years ago

Another option is lampsplus.com - good selection and I've have good experiences with them.

Good luck!

• tgpdd
    15 years ago

I'm shopping for a large fluorescent fixture and I've found that Nova Lighting sells the same fixture I've been thinking of ordering from Bellacor for over $100 less, so it might be worth checking out. They do charge a restocking fee, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nova Lighting

• Jean Farrell
    15 years ago

Another good source to look at is olampia.com. We got our island light there. They make their own lights, and basically every light is custom made. We told them the size of our island, and the height of our ceilings, and they told us what size our light should be, and made it for us in the exact right size. Amazingly, the fixture was ready in about 2 weeks. They will modify any of the lights they show on their website. And their prices are not much higher, if at all, than for stock lighting. They will also match finishes, in addition to their standard finishes, for an upcharge obviously.

I went to the store in person, and worked with someone there. The light I got looks so much nicer in person than on the website. All of their lights look so much more substantial and elegant in person.

I'm going there tomorrow to get another light for over my sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Olampia

• thankurnmo
    15 years ago

I wanted to add that most will price match. The one I mentioned above, I mis-typed. It is csnlighting.com- and they sent me a 20% off coupon good for a few weeks on ANY of their stores (and they have a lot... faucets, outdoor furniture etc) which I used on a faucet. It truly was 20% off the lowest price I have found.

Here is a link that might be useful: csn stores

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022