Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bumper pads on inside cabinet door corners

Posted by Peke (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 8:01

Can someone tell me where they bought their bumpers? I have tried hard plastic ones and felt ones and they don't stop the noise. My cabinet doors are custom-made by a local guy and they are solid oak throughout. My drawers and doors are very heavy.

Any thoughts? Thanks, Peke

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bumper pads on inside cabinet door corners

Maybe you need something like this instead. I installed them on my doors and they work great. I got them elsewhere though, for less. I can't remember where right now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blumotion soft-door

o

Small soft bumper 'dots' are available from Rockler

o

Nothing stops the noise except Blumotion. Ask me how I know. :) I bought them for about $2.50 each online (I'd have to look for the link) and installed them all myself in under an hour with just a Dremel and screwdriver.

o

Thanks for your suggestions. Do you use the Blumotion on doors and drawers? Do they attach to your existing doors?

Do you remember where you found them online?

I will look at Rocker too.

The felt pads at Lowe's were worthless. Peke

o

Here's ones that Rockler has. Just attach them to your cabinet frame. Not sure if these will work for drawers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blumotion Hinge Adapter

This post was edited by gpraceman on Sun, May 12, 13 at 12:30

o

Thanks, so it goes on the opposite side of the hinge, right?

Hey, there are no stupid questions.....right?

😁 peke

o

Same side as hinge.

Or, get the gel stick on dots rather than the hard plastic stick on dots.

What is your budget? cents or dollars per door?

o

Ok, I can get the blumotion for doors, but what about drawers? All of my lowers are drawers.

No set budget, but don't want to spend too much. Peke

o

What type of drawer glides do you have? Side mount or under mount? Full extension or 3/4 extension?

You might be able to just change out to soft close drawer glides. If you have a lot of drawers, that can get expensive fast.

I did a quick web search and found this system that looks interesting. You mount the clip on the side of the drawer and the closer unit on the side of the cabinet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soft Close Systems

o

I had looked at those also, but they will only work on faceless cabinets. I have full extension side mounts.

Oh well. I guess I will use the gel bumpers. Thanks for all the suggestions. Peke

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here