Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White cabinets and white or black appliances? Pics please!

Posted by snas (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 08 at 7:26

I have decided to put white cabinets in my new kitchen. I've looked at the other threads on this subject, but almost all of the pictures that I've seen of white kitchens have stainless steel appliances. I think they look nice, but they are obviously more expensive and harder to keep clean. I am worried that white appliances with white cabinets would be too white and that black appliances would contrast too much (although I am thinking about getting very dark or black countertops).
Please post pictures of your white kitchens with black or white appliances. I'd love to get a better idea about what it will look like.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White cabinets and white or black appliances? Pics please!

the other colors in the ktchen are key; i think black would look good if your counter is black, too, and you pulled through the black and white theme with backsplash/flooring. here is a link to my pictures; i have white with white.

Here is a link that might be useful: White Kitchen

o

I was originally thinking the same thing, but I"ve seen both schemes on this site, and think they look really nice.

Here is one kitchen I particularly love: http://finishedkitchens.blogspot.com/2008/01/hoffmans-kitchen.html It has convinced me to put a white fridge in my soon-to-be white kitchen.

Someone also posted their galley kitchen that had an old-school white range and a black fridge with a mix of black and white(marble) counters. It looked really nice and not at all schizophrenic like it sounds. I had it as my desktop background for a while. Don't have the link anymore though. Maybe whoever that is will respond here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoffman's kitchen

o

Thanks for posting both of those links! They both look really nice...especially with the color accents in the countertops and walls.

Anyone have pics of black appliances with white cabinets?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here