Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurencp_gw

Backsplash - please weigh in on Encore colors

laurencp
9 years ago

I've been playing around with several Encore crackle tiles to see what seems to hit home. Unfortunately everyday a new tile seems to "be it".

I was originally thinking of combining different tiles for something different. I haven't fully discarded that, but now I'm not so sure.

Here are a couple of photos of the blue choices. Am I crazy to even consider Blue - I think bathrooms with blue.

The colors are Sky, Bali , Riviera.

The green contenders will follow.

Thank you!

This post was edited by laurencp on Wed, May 14, 14 at 10:37

Comments (17)

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Green colors are Celery, Mint and Ice.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Green colors are Celery, Mint and Ice.

• ktj459
    9 years ago

Could you take pictures in brighter sunlight? It's a little hard to tell. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their colors, they are all so gorgeous. From these pictures I am leaning towards the celery.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes I will try in brighter light it was too dark this morning and the the brightness has left for the day. Will try tomorrow morning.

• Lisa
    9 years ago

I just wanted to comment on how absolutely gorgeous your counters are! :)

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Your counters are killer.

I too would like to see the tiles in better light, but so far I like celery.

• autumn.4
    9 years ago

me three with the celery. They are all so nice though...I can see why you are having a tough time!

• romy718
    9 years ago

How are you doing on your tile selection?
    Edit: duh typo

This post was edited by romy718 on Fri, May 16, 14 at 22:24

• mgmum
    9 years ago

I like Riviera and Celery. Your counters are pretty!

• mom2samlibby
    9 years ago

I like celery. And your gorgeous countertop!

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just ordered today!

I have to say it was a really hard decision. I had been unable to decide between the Celery, Riviera and the Sky.

I was leaning towards Riviera , but decided it may be just a bit more blue than I wanted. I loved the Celery, but I just had a gut feeling I would tire of the green. My favorite that I always came back to was the Sky. It glimmered, had tints blue, green and when in bright light was pale grey. However, it was so muted and nothing seemed to pop and it just was lost.

So, I put another tile up this morning that I had put back in the bag at the start of the week and it was perfect! Bali it is! I also ordered 1/3 Riviera to splash about and I am crossing my fingers it looks ok.

I decided to go with the 2x4 tiles.

Next to decide on is grout. They quoted 4 weeks production and 1 week shipping.

I'm glad it's ordered - I just hope I made the right decision. It felt right at the time - fingers crossed.

Will post a photo when it's done and thanks everyone for weighing in.

I

• rubyclaire
    9 years ago

Can't wait to see the final reveal. Your kitchen is lovely and your counters are just fabulous!

• bookworm4321
    9 years ago

Even my KD couldn't help me decide between Mint and Cameo. The cameo was lighter, and my kitchen has but 1 window, so I went with that. I honestly feel these colors are so lovely, you cannot go wrong.

Mine came in early, and not a dud in the lot. I have so much extra! Saving for a future bathroom.

Hope to see your reveal.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Sounds like a perfect choice. I'm excited for you & I can't wait to see pics.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again will post when done! I had reluctantly shared my possible color choices of the Encore crackle with a friend. She informed me that the crackle was neither timeless nor classic and she did not care for it! It was why I just needed to bite the bullet and get it done! I told the tile sales girl that picking tile is just like picking a baby name- you're better off telling no one !! She said that is exactly what they tell people!

• romy718
    9 years ago

I was in the basement getting out some gardening things & came upon two Bali samples. It is a beautiful color. Some people (I was one of them) have misconceptions about crackle tile, especially the hand glazed ones. I didn't even consider crackle until I stumbled across a sample board. This was after my KD suggested crackle & I said "no...I don't like crackle." And the Encore is special...the almost sparkle it has & the color pooling. It's going to be lovely.
    Now...back outside. DH is probably wondering where I disappeared to.

This post was edited by romy718 on Sun, May 18, 14 at 16:16

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Bali is very pretty. And crackle rocks! Your friend is deluded. :)

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design