Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethesdamom2008

Zelmar- are you not in FKB? More pics and details!

bethesdamom2008
15 years ago

Zelmar

I have seen some pics of your kitchen. I could not find you in the fkb.Would you be willing to post more pictures of your kitchen? I am planning something similar. What is your countertop?

Comments (9)

• starpooh
    15 years ago

zelmar... your baking center is awesome! Please share with other members by submitting your kitchen to the FKB. Simply post a list of details to the forum and then submit the Category Checklist. Or email me: starpooh at gmail dot com.
    Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

• bethesdamom2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

BUmp

• zelmar
    15 years ago

Thank you bethesdamom and starpooh (starpooh, you're such a rock star on this forum!).

Our kitchen has been "almost" done for 3 years...just a tiny bit more to do...lighting fixtures and a warming shelf (as long as we ignore the adjacent eating area that needs paint and ceiling work.) DH will (eventually) make the lighting fixtures and a wrought iron shelf over the range. Since I feel these are the features that will make the kitchen "ours" I'm hesitant to call the kitchen "good enough." DH hasn't gotten around to making the fixtures because he's doing all the DIY work on the rest of the house (a contractor did most of the kitchen....but we ended up sinking most of our whole house remodel budget into the kitchen alone....no regrets.) I've resigned myself to the fact that our kitchen will be hopelessly out of date by the time it gets completed.

I'll post more pictures later today. Our counter is made from Ashfield schist, a stone that is quarried locally.

• zelmar
    15 years ago

The top of the layout is south. I'm not sure why a lot of the vertical lines (i.e. of the beadboard) and horizontal lines (drawers--especially bottom photos) are so wavy--an artifact of the pictures.

{{!gwi}} {{gwi:1574534}}

{{!gwi}} {{gwi:1579548}}

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1570742}} {{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1574846}}

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

• robin_d
    15 years ago

Wow, I don't remember the last time I suffered such extreme "kitchen envy"! I love my kitchen (the whole Arts & Crafts thing) but yours in in an entirely different stratosphere from mine. Wowowowow!!!

• atlbeardie
    15 years ago

Love it! Thanks for posting. Even though it's not completely finished (at least in your book), it looks great to all of us, and will certainly be a big help to those of us who are doing Arts & Crafts style kitchens.

• zelmar
    15 years ago

Oh, robin d, that's just how I feel when I see pictures of YOUR kitchen. I always have to pause and study the details and wish I had thought of them. Thank you for the compliment.

nclakehouse, I look forward to seeing your kitchen someday. I hope you're having fun with it. And thank you.

• bethesdamom2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks for the photos zelmar! I am trying to do something similar in my soon to be born kitchen. Your kitchen is definitely a fabulous inspiration.

BTW. what finish are your cabinets?

Kathy

• zelmar
    15 years ago

Thank you, bethesdamom2008. Our cabinets are mahogany with a rosewood stain.