Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can one convert a soap dispenser into a foaming one?

Posted by enmnm (My Page) on
Thu, May 30, 13 at 6:47

Hi,

New counters, new faucets. I think the soap dispenser is by Delta. The lady of the house wanted a foaming dispenser, but couldn't find a built-in one, so we are stuck with the one we have. Is there a way to convert this regular dispenser into a foaming one?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can one convert a soap dispenser into a foaming one?

Dispensing foam soap requires a special pump. You can easily refill a foam soap container with a dilution of regular liquid soap to create a cheap refill of foam soap, but you have to have the special pump. If you can get the pump mechanism to fit on your built in dispenser then you are good to go.

o

Where can I buy a pump mechanism? I've only seen the complete unit--pump and bottle.

o

If anyone can figure out how to do this, I would love to know. Better yet, would there be a way to set it up with the Never-MT? My child has OCD tendencies and excessive handwashing is part of it. I have found that, by replacing the soap with foaming soap, it has eliminated the dry, red, bleeding hands that resulted from too frequent handwashing. I would love to put in new counter top's in the kids' bathroom, including undermount sinks and soap dispensers, but I hesitate because of the OCD issue.

o

Buy the foaming soap and dispenser ... swap tops, or swap innards to move the foaming part over.

I think it also requires thinner soap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here