Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink Placement Question

Posted by 1stTimer15 (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 6:10

Does anyone know why a sink would have been placed in this position? It's by itself, across from the refrigerator, next to the entry. Thinking about buying, but trying to figure out what I'd be up against in terms of remodeling.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink Placement Question

Very strange. It looks like it would be a nice laundry room sink, though!

o

It's probably meant as a "beverage sink" but someone put in something much too large and didn't leave any counter space. I could see taking off the doors of the cabinets above and doing open shelving with some pretty glasses there. Of course if you're remodeling and getting rid of those cabinets, the layout possibilities open up to doing something else.

o

My family loves to wash their dirty hands in the kitchen sink after being outside, which I hate. If this is a back entry, perhaps it's for hand washing.

o

This is actually the only sink in the kitchen. And it's a coop. I'm going to take more pics today to see if I would be able to at least move the sink further down on the sme side of the kitchen.

o

This is actually the only sink in the kitchen. And it's a coop. I'm going to take more pics today to see if I would be able to at least move the sink further down on the sme side of the kitchen.

o

If this is slab construction, pass this house by. Something that wierd and dysfunctional isn't going to be the lone ranger. If you've got an unfinished basement or crawlspace, it all boils down to how much money you want to throw at this place before you ever move in. You're talking 30K for a kitchen redo in most parts of the country. And that's a budget redo if you're going to have to move plumbing.

o

I'm assuming that there is no DW and how close is another counter for prep work?

o

Thanks for all your comments. It's a prewar coop apartment, and no, there isn't a dishwasher. I've attached additional pics that detail the counter space situation. I did put in an application, but I'm only a backup. Apparently, the first person is close to closing and has already had her contractor in the space. Based upon your comments, I'm not sure if I'll proceed even if the first deal were to somehow fall through.

o

pic of the counter space in this kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here