Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crissy_2009

Help Choosing Kitchen Faucet

crissy_2009
14 years ago

There is currently a Grohe (Lady Lux Plus) in the house we just bought that I am looking to replace with a new one since it's old (1999) and looks cruddy. I can't decide on the Grohe or Price Pfister (Ashfield). We have a PF and when it leaked they sent replacement parts at no cost to me with no hassle. I liked that guarantee. I'm also looking for the 360 degree swivel since my sink is huge. The Grohe LadyLux Plus has a Dual Spray control to switch from spray to regular flow; the Ladylux Cafe you show seems to have a button you have to hold in. I do like the Vinnetta - you can point the head and keep the stream or spray on. Now I have a strange question - on the Grohe, there are red and blue marks (hot/cold), but I can't seem to see if they are on any of the others, the Vinnetta or PF. I've also read that some folks had problems with the pull-down ones in that they had to push the hose back up into the sprayer because after a while it wouldn't release up easily.

So, bottom line, I need a great guarantee, a 360 swivel, a head that locks spray/stream, one where the hose will last and I was looking for one that goes with a black granite sink, like the PF Tuscan Bronze (but not chrome, we have horrible hard water)..........any suggestions?

Comments (14)

• krissd
    14 years ago

This is the Delta Allora. It has a nice solid 'button' that switches to spray or stream, and stays on either one you choose without holding the button down. It also remains on whichever function each time you turn it off and back on.

It's a great pull down with magnetic docking and a solid hose. I don't know about the guarantees, or wear, but I tried quite a few faucets out and liked the way this one felt and handled. As you can see, I have the black granite sink with the satin nickel finish faucet. Good luck! --Sorry my pic is so big, I'm still trying to figure out photobucket.

• katienic
    14 years ago

I have the Kalia ELITO diver sitting here waiting to be installed. 360 swivel. Red/Blue indicators that you see when you pull back the lever. There are metal push buttons on the back of the pulldown to adjust for spray or stream at any time whether docked or not. It docks & locks very easy & from what I tried in the store display is very smooth hose operation.

I believe warranty is lifetime except for improper install.

There are other models to choose from, but all have the same 'works'.

• datura-07
    14 years ago

katienic,
    I love your faucet. I'm trying to decide what I want for my regular sinka nd the prep sink inthe island. How far does it pull out? I looked up the specs but it doesn't say. I need my prep sink to reach to my built in steamer.

• karena_2009
    14 years ago

I am trying to decide on my faucet as well :-). I fell in love with the Moen Vestige I saw in the Moen catalog in a pewter color.

Part of the problem I'm having is how to decide between form and function. I'm drawn to the old-fashioned look, but like the idea of a pull-down faucet like the Woodmere and the Kohler Vinnata. It seems as if the separate side sprayer are out of favor with most GWers, but I'm wondering how well the pull-down or pull-out faucets hold up with constant use.

Yikes, too many decisions.
    I also need to get a water filtration faucet, too, so the idea of the Vestige requiring an extra hole or two depending on whether I go with the two handle versus the one handle faucet and then the soap dispenser and disposal button might be too many items cluttering up the sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen Vestige

• katienic
    14 years ago

datura: I can't find any direct information in the installation guide, but there is 30" of hose sticking out the bottom of the fixture & it says to position the counter-weight at the bottom near the connection 4" give or take to increase or decrease the length. It appears that the most you'll get is about 25" + 4" of the nozzle so 29" at best.

kn

• datura-07
    14 years ago

That's perfect. I can't find any info on a dealer near me on their web site - they say to call them.

thanks for your help katienic.

• katienic
    14 years ago

You're welcome datura. I hope you have good luck finding a retailer near you. Oh, and you should probably double check on the maximum hose length just in case I'm off base on the usable length.

Sorry crissy, when I posted the Kalia, I forgot that being a Canadian Manufacturer it might limit the availability in the US.

• mjd23
    14 years ago

Hey guys, I just moved in to a new apartment and all the stuff here are kinda old, including the kitchen faucet. I was wondering if this two handle kitchen faucet will work magic for my kitchen. Has anyone tried this?

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen faucet

• mmaja5325
    14 years ago

Hey mjd23 I think you'll really love that faucet, my mom has been using it for years and it's a real value for money. Try it out. I'm gonna buy one too in months time.

Here is a link that might be useful: yuor faucet

• pebbles123
    14 years ago

katie: That is a beautiful faucet!! I wish I'd seen that before.

We originally purchased the Kraus 1620 but the first one we got was defective, then it went on backordered. We ended-up getting the Delta Grail and love it. It has a 360 swivel and the blue and red indicator. The pull-out spray has two settings (spray and regular flow) and you don't have to hold the button down. The hose is very flexible and releases easily. There's also a lifetime warranty on the faucet so that should ease some of your worries.

{{!gwi}}

• hestia_flames
    14 years ago

The above comments by mjd23 and mmaja5325 seem like weird spam.

I love my Vinnata faucet, but you should know that the "length" of the hose and the ability to go back into the faucet are determined somewhat by where you place the "weight" (the weight keeps the head in the faucet) - you should try to find online installation instructions for any faucet you are considering (our Vinnata was second hand - works perfect - and pre-installed in our sink.) We downloaded the install instructions for our plumber to be sure that he understood where the hot/cold intakes went - it is different depending on where the handle is mounted left/center/right. There are also explicit instructions on what to do if the head drops down a bit - has to do with moving the weight. I am fairly sure that different people have different experiences with their pull out faucet heads (from what I have read here.) It really helps to look over the install informations/troubleshooting instructions prior to purchase, so you can see if issues with the faucet head dropping down are fixable. Sometimes plumber error is the cause, and not the faucet (btw, I love my plumber! He does a great job and is fair.)

BTW, I have a very large sink, and the pull out distance on my faucet is great.

Also, I recall hearing that some on this board had difficulty finding matching soap dispensers/water filter faucets in the darker colors for their particular faucet. I would recommend making sure that you find all matching (at least in color) components prior to purchasing the faucet.

• Buehl
    14 years ago

I agree Hestia_Flame, that's the exact same feeling I got!

I also have the Vinnata and love it! It works very smoothly, yes you have to guide the head back to its mount, but I'm glad of that. There are times when I want the faucet to hang down, not pop up. I also like the fact that the head can be mounted in any position, not just the "normal" position (I'm the one who posted all those "odd angle" mountings of the Vinatta head!)

What I'm saying is that I like the fact that I have control over how it works...up/down, direction, etc.

As to the red & blue notations, no there are no notations. Since the handle can be mounted on the left, right, or in the front, there's no way to put any kind of indicator on either the handle or the stem. If it's installed on the side (right or left), the water hookups should be hot water when you push it away from you, cold water when you pull it toward you. If it's installed in the front, hot should be to the left, cold to the right. In any case, on/off/volume control is pull/push away from the faucet stem.

I also have a very large double bowl sink (~33") and it reaches every part of even the large bowl (b/c of the angle mounting) and easily swivels b/w the bowls.

If you have very hard water, think about it before you purchase a dark colored faucet. No matter what you do, you will eventually get hard water "stains"...and they are usually white or light in color. So, do you want a dark faucet that will really "showcase" those "stains"? If, OTOH, your "stains" are dark, then go ahead with a dark faucet.

Good luck!

• Patty C
    14 years ago

pebbles123: been trying to choose a pull-down faucet myself, and love the look of yours. It seems to be very reasonably priced too! Just wondering if you got the Delta Grail in the SS or the Chrome finish. It looks to me like you got the Chrome; the SS looks like it has more of a matte finish in the pictures on the plumbing supply websites.

Thanks

• tom6534
    12 years ago

Has anyone seen the premier faucet or used one? What do you think about the quality? It looks really nice just wanna make sure its a good faucet. Would this the same as the Stainless steel finish?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.abovethedrain.com/product_p/120077.htm

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio