Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Layout Advice

Posted by burbmomoftwo (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 14 at 1:57

Attempting to build a functional dream home kitchen. Attached is sketch of the floorplan as we know it.

1. Home has no formal dining room
2. Expectation is to put dining table (up to 108'" with leaves) in the Dining Area, most likely parallel to the island.
3. What size island would be appropriate? Would like seating for 3 or 4. Plan currently has it 4 x 5 1/2, with 4' off both of the countertops, but that leaves a bit of a narrow walkway at 'top' side of the kitchen. Where should it be placed?
4. Total Kitchen / Dining is 23 x 14, with 'top' of dining area opening to Hearth Room.
5. Any thoughts on appliance placement?
6. Any thoughts on where to put a microwave?

Input appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Layout Advice

I'd like to see a large picture of your layout, but I couldn't find an email addy on you so I could have you send it through a more personal communique.

My old eyes just don't see that small print as well as it use to.

Xtal

o

Have you considered turning the island and adding a prep sink? Maybe also move the ovens to the end of that counter top...and have the microwave in the island.

Just a few ideas :)

From Kitchen plans

o

Attaching a better sketch of the home and kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here