Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would you do white subway tile with this cab/granite?

Posted by chloe.chloe (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 0:32

So, after much deliberation and scaling down, my husband & I decided to go ahead with the white shaker cabinets that we wanted. instead of choosing a pricier level 3 granite ( black pearl), we decided to go with the level 1 granite that comes with the house. I had posted a few nights ago that I was feeling defeated since getting our pricing back from the builder.....we were way over what we had initially thought. Anyhoo- the level 1 granite that we chose to go with our cabs is uba tuba. When we had initially picked out the black pearl granite, we chose a white subway tile to go with it. Well, I was hoping to still be able to use the white subway but wanted to run it by everyone here. We sign off on all our final choices next Saturday so I just want to make sure I am picking out the right thing. I will try to upload the pic of our cabinets with our granite.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would you do white subway tile with this cab/granite?

You probably want to get the white subway and hold it up to your white cabs to make sure they're compatible. There's a lot of "white" out there. And while I'm a big fan of the beauty of Uba Tuba, if it's not what you want, why don't you just get the granite later? I've been told that "builder - supplied" granite is highly marked up - why pay more to not get what you want.

o

I agree with 35ftcabo. Get what you want now.

o

I think those color choices will work really well.

We have very similar white shaker style cabinets. We didn't go with ubatuba but are using Pental quartz coastal grey, which is actually cheaper than your granite choice. It is a solid grey that's a bit lighter than yours.

Our backsplash will be carrera marble tile. We just switched to that from polished white subway tile. We thought either one would have worked.

o

I wasn't sure about white cabs, white subway, and then black(ish) counters. I looked on Houzz for something similar and came up with these. Click on each photo for a better view. I think I agree that white could be good, but you need to check your specific white against the white of your cabinets.

o

Look around elsewhere at pricing. The Black Pearl is listed as a Level 1 in the link. I see it as Level 2 a couple other places. Apparently builders are known for this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Black Pearl Level 1

o

I used Black Pearl two houses ago, and it was definitely in the basic level, price-wise. I chose my "special" granite for the island, and used Black Pearl for the perimeter, due to the affordability. Now that I'm picking out granite/quartz again for my new house, Black Pearl is definitely in my Level 1 price range with my builder. I think I'd look into this more before settling on something you don't love. (My rental house I'm in has uba tuba in it... it's very green-ish compared to black pearl.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here