Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mojomom_gw

Countertops and backsplash suggestions

mojomom
9 years ago

Hello, I would really appreciate some suggestions. We are gradually updating a rental duplex style townhouse. Countertops, backsplash and fireplace surround are next on the list. We've already replaced appliances and don't want to get into cabinets --they aren't my favorites, but they are in good condition. We've got two weeks between tenants coming up soon and the local pros say that won't be a problem. It is in a moderately high end resort area, with a combination of second homes and primary homes with a few rentals. We may (or may not) sell it in a couple of years. Because it is a rental and the possibility of resale we want to keep it relatively neutral and it probably needs to be granite or quartz for the neighborhood but I'm very open to other ideas. Countertops? Backsplash? Colors? materials? I'm at a loss. If anything, I am leaning towards a honed black of some sort but that's just a thought. All suggestions and ideas appreciated. Thanks!

The first two pictures are two years old from the listing when we bought and the last picture was taken by my daughter, who manages the property for us, and shows the new paint (comes off a little more yellow in the pic, IRL it is more of a cream) and appliances -- sorry it a bit messy - the tenants are getting ready to move she caught them off guard, but they have been great tenants. And it looks like we've got some excellent tenants lined up.

Comments (7)