Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edlakin

Show me your Shaw's/Counter reveal!

edlakin
15 years ago

Well, it's templating time here at the old construction site, and, of course, that brings with it the controversial decision about what sort of reveal we should choose for our Shaw's farm sink.

The counter guy wants just a hair or so of positive reveal...just a sliver. enough to show the rim just a bit. maybe a sixteenth of an inch.

My wife was expecting to have almost the entire rim of the sink showing. This was how we had it in our last kitchen. But I didn't love that set-up, as the silicone sealant was somewhat problematic. I had to re-apply it periodically.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I'd like maybe a 1/4 inch of rim to show. My wife suggested that I post in here (she routinely ridicules me for my recent obsession with reading/posting in here) and ask you all to show us some pictures of where your Shaw's meets your counter.

So? show and tell, please!

Comments (11)

• mary_in_nc
    15 years ago

I went with a neutral reveal just because I did not want to be constantly cleaning the rim after wiping down the counters and I did not want to see the silicone sealant. There are some great examples of different reveals on Attic Mag

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinks we love on Attic Mag

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

Here is mine, I think I will like it

• straw_bale_ln
    15 years ago

Thanks for asking the question edlakin, I'm in the same boat as you (templating on Monday, if the sink cabinet ever gets done today like it's supposed to) so I was getting ready to post the same question. Please keep those pictures coming, people! My biggest issue is what to do about the front corners of the countertop. acountryfarm has pretty rounded corners but I have 3cm granite and I prefer square corners. DH is worried that it will look funny being too square.

• mcraney
    15 years ago

Thanks acountryfarm for posting the pics of your gorgeous sink. I like the rounded corners of your granite too. Please tell me the size your Rohl sink. I am looking at the 30" and the 36" sizes and I hope knowing sink size when I look at pics will help me make a decision.

I am sure you are going to LOVE your sink!

• edlakin
    Original Author
    15 years ago

acountryfarm's sink is a 30" shaw's. the 30"-ers have the shaw's logo on one of the long sides, the 36"-ers have the logo on one of the short sides.

• mcraney
    15 years ago

Edlakin thank you for answering my question. I haven't seen a Rohl in person and I hadn't caught on to the logo placement while looking at photos.

Don't forget to post photos when your Shaw's sink is in place. I look forward to seeing what your reveal decision will be.

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

Edlakin---
    mcraney---

my big sink is the 36 inch Shaw, the smaller one pictured is the 26 inch Shaw. I showed both sinks in the pics and you are right the big sink has the logo on the short side which you can't see in the picture.

Also mcraney, I too love the rounded corners on my granite. The granite contractor did a fantastic job.

• caligirl_cottage
    15 years ago

I would definitely not expose the entire edge, that just sounds like a lot of bad news in the future. Shaws are notoriously not perfectly square and level and you would have to really maintain the caulk to make sure you didn't have small areas that were open and leaking water inside your cabinet without you even realizing it. Plus I think the silicone could get unsightly. Anyway, I like a neutral reveal myself, it's clean and pretty.

• edlakin
    Original Author
    15 years ago

my big sink is the 36 inch Shaw, the smaller one pictured is the 26 inch Shaw. I showed both sinks in the pics

whoops! my mistake. i forgot to factor in the possibility of two sinks. should've known.

• momj47
    15 years ago

I have the 36" sink and I have a positive reveal, about 1/4 inch, though with the variations in the sink, some parts are bigger, some are smaller.

Enjoy

• edlakin
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks momj47! that's just exactly what my countertop guy was suggesting. that'll be very helpful to show my wife.

much obliged!