Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catharine442

Any Comments On My Kitchen Plan?

Catharine442
9 years ago

Hi,

I am remodeling my 1980's kitchen and would love to hear comments on my plan. Woot!
While function is very important, my degree is in Art so I can't ignore aesthetics - symmetry!
I am the main cook but sometimes have one or two teen aged daughters and a husband in the kitchen just getting drinks or getting a snack or heating up something in the MW, or doing dishes.
I can't change the plumbing or I would have a prep sink on the range run (the cost would be $6000 just for jackhammering the slab - with a yucky mess too.) So I am planning to have a filtered water spigot and an independent sprayer (for prep) at the right side of a 36" farm sink, near the glasses and out of the way of the cook. I am putting the MW on a shelf in the short end of the peninsula, below the counter.
I am posting a simple floor plan (pretty close to scale) without the bay window as well as an Autodesk Homestyler plan which shows the bay window. We currently have a table in the bay window but will change it to a couch.
Not including the bay window, the kitchen will be 17'7" by 12", (also not including a 24" deep, 103" long recess which will be the new cooking run - right now that side has 24" deep cabinets set into the wall completely on the Master Bedroom Door end, and partly recessed on the right side where the laundry room door is 6" further out. That part of the wall will be moved in (like this plan shows it) so the laundry room door is flush with the other side.) Also, this plan shows the wall between kitchen and DR removed and replaced by a 60" by 28" by 35" (height) peninsula. And the wall where the sink is will be lengthened as the plan shows it, into the LR opening by 13" or so in order to make the sink counter symmetrical.

Homestyler view:

Comment (1)