Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heart_of_dixie

Kohler Karbon faucet - 6227-C11 and 6227-C12

heart-of-dixie
14 years ago

Does anyone know what the differences are? From the descriptions of these faucets I cannot tell.

I need help!!!

Comments (12)

• plllog
    14 years ago

C11 is silver colored shafts, and C12 is black, according to the website.

I have the silver with stainless joints (VS). Polished chrome is (CP).

• heart-of-dixie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks plllog. Do you like your faucet. I will want the VS version too.

• plllog
    14 years ago

Love it! It's on my prep sink, and I love aiming it wherever I want. It's not as blasty as my clean-up faucet, which I like for the place and purpose. I don't know if I'd love it quite as much for cleaning, but it's a wonderful faucet.

• sochi
    14 years ago

I have the K 6227-C12-VS (stainless with black). Love it as well, I also have it at my prep sink. It could work well at a main sink too I think, although possibly not for a huge sink. I think the karbon reach is only about 13".

• motleydog
    14 years ago

Love the look of the Karbon but were you concerned with the non-standard hole size for them?

I just can't see cutting the granite and not being able to change out the faucet in the future. I have considered the Karbon with Kohler's sink with pre-cut holes for the Karbon, but wanted a stilgranite or SS sink.

• mom2reese
    14 years ago

I have the Karbon as my main kitchen sink and love it (sink is 33" wide, 10" deep)

Here's a video I took for someone a long time ago. Ignore the creaky sound at the end - it had never made that sound before or since.

HTH!

Here is a link that might be useful: Karbon Video

• sochi
    14 years ago

motleydog - I didn't worry too much about the second non-standard size hole, I just loved the faucet too much I guess! I hope to use the Karbon for a long time (they aren't cheap!). Also, the non-standard hole is smaller than normal, how difficult would it be to have the hole enlarged down the road if you wanted two standard-sized holes?

• salal_08
    14 years ago

The Karbon comes in a wall-mount too if you don't want to put any holes in your granite. That's the one I have and I really like it. No more trying to clean around the fixture on the countertop. My sink is a Kohler 33" and is the only sink. The Karbon does a great job, plenty powerful spray, great reach. Love it. However, make sure you get a plumber to install it that has done this before. The twit that did mine messed it up and I just had to have it fixed for the third time.

• davidro1
    14 years ago

salal_08 what did the plumber not do, that he should have? Do you know how to describe it?

• willet
    14 years ago

I'm trying to decide on sinks. Mom2reese: Am wondering what your sink make/model is? Thanks.

• padola07
    14 years ago

mom2reese,
    Thanks for the video. I have the same faucet with the same size sink and i've been quite worried that the sink might be too big for the faucet but after the seeing your video I will be sleeping much easier tonite!

Thanks

• cashew
    12 years ago

mom2reese, if you happen to be monitoring this thread, I was unable to get to your Kohler Karbon faucet video on photobucket. Is it publicly available somewhere? Thanks!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES