Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
supermom74

Double convection Electric wall oven

Supermom74
10 years ago

Hi! I am searching for a new double convection wall oven.
I currently have a kitchenaid 27". I am looking to get 30".
I have been a kitchenaid fan for years but this oven has given me such problems that I am looking at other brands.
I cannot afford wolf or meile. According to reviews I have read not such great things on Jennair. Any opinions on GE Profile or Monogram?
Does anyone have the electrolux ovens??
Any help is appreciated :)
Thanks so much!!

Comments (6)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Hi Supermom. I bought the Jenn Air double convection oven (with double fan). I also went with Jenn Air for the microwave, cooktop, fridge, and dishwasher. They won't be installed until late May or so. I wanted an American made product so wanted to go the Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchen Aid, Jenn Air route. A dear friend of mine has her original Jenn Air convection oven. It is 25 years old and still going strong and she just bought the Jenn Air refrigerator. The same model as I am getting. I sure hope that the Jenn Air quality has remained high. It is so hard to know what to buy but my salesman told me that Jenn Air has great customer service (however he is a salesman). He also said that any appliance can have issues but service after the sale is key and he convinced me that I wouldn't be going wrong with my choice.

The GE Cafe and GE Profile were also on my list and I think GE is a very reliable brand. The Cafe looks more like the Jenn Air Pro Series and the GE Profile looks more like the Jenn Air Euro series. The difference is basically the handle and glass style.

I Liked the Elex that I looked at and the one review that I read on it was excellent. I think the fan, at least on the model that I looked at, cut down on the oven space. The interior of that model was a bright blue and the Jenn Air and GE's are black.

Good luck with your choice. I really agonized over the decision as the appliances get used a lot and they are quite an expense!

• greenhousems
    10 years ago

I bought the Electrolux 30 inch, double convection. I could not be happier.

I spent over a year doing my research. It is an awesome oven.

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Hey Supermom - I'm looking at the Electrolux ovens too...and fridge for that matter. Reviews have been good from what I've seen. You may want to search on the Appliance forum - lots of good info there.

• Supermom74
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all of the great suggestions.
    The search continues and i will post in the appliance forum too as suggested.
    BTW, I looked at the Electrolux today and they look very nice but I read that the interior is smaller (4.2 cubic ft vs 4.4) Due to the fans. So, the interior is actually smaller. Just an FYI!!!

• smiling
    10 years ago

I also chose the Electrolux Icon double convection ovens after lots of research. They are sitting in my dining room waiting for installation as reno proceeds. When I took delivery and read the user manual I fell in love with them all over again. Great reviews, even temps, reliable, glide out racks top and bottom, programmable for multi-stage dishes, pretty blue interiors, and they also each work as a dehydrator.

• ginny20
    10 years ago

I got the double Elux with Wave touch, non-Icon. Love it. Would love it more if it had french doors, but that is my only complaint. It is plenty big inside for my largest cookie sheet and my turkey roasting pan.