Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greazythumbs

Reviews for Cardell Cabinets

GreazyThumbs
13 years ago

Anyone have the low down on these Cabinets, are they a good value or should I be looking else where?

Comments (42)

• amielynn
    13 years ago

Give me about 6 more weeks and I will tell you what I think. My builder thinks highly of them, and he is a good guy with decades of experience.

• nikkipetey
    13 years ago

That is what we just put in our house. They have only been in about 2 weeks but I am very pleased with them. They are much better quality than the ones I just got rid of.

• Spifeymom
    13 years ago

We ordered ours about 5 weeks ago. I hear around town (Memphis,Tn ) they are good cabinets...I hope so. My kitchen has been gutted three weeks and found out today the GC can't get to us for electrical, gas & flooring for a/b 4 weeks :( all of which has to be done before husband( is that DH?) can redo ceiling and then the cabinets, the granite counter tops. I ordered Cherry with bronze stain and brown glaze in Classic II raised panel with rope molding.

• babs711
    13 years ago

We installed ours around six years ago and they've been great. I'm definitely going to give them a look again for our build. We love our cabinets!

• GreazyThumbs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

nikkipetey & babs711, care to share any pictures, I would love to see em. :)

• nikkipetey
    13 years ago

Photobucket is having issues for me. Let me see if I can get it to work.

• nikkipetey
    13 years ago

This is our message center and microwave area.

• nikkipetey
    13 years ago

One more picture. This picture was taken the day after the cabs were installed, before the final tweaks.

• babs711
    13 years ago

These aren't very close up but it's all I've got. This is what we put in our house six years ago when I couldn't talk DH into white cabinets (color is natural w/ a brown glaze). In our new build, we'll be putting in white. YAY!!! I won him over finally!

To the right of the fridge is a pantry cabinet with pull out shelves. They've worked beautifully the entire time, even with kids using them multiple times a day.
    To the left of the fridge is the trash pullout and it's been great the entire time too.

Oh and here you can see a closer shot of part of the detail (even though I think I originally took this to show someone the backsplash):

• GreazyThumbs
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nikki / Babs thanks for sharing they both look great, and i am glad to hear the have held up for the last 6 years. I am just starting the process of finalizing some designs and starting with some pricing. The design team has recommended Cardell as a good value.

• trblackman_embarqmail_com
    12 years ago

I'm glad to find your post about Cardell, as that is what my builder has specified for our new home. I love the look of Nikki's white kitchen. Is that a painted wood door or the thermofoil? And also, can you please tell me what door style that is and is it from the Odyssey Collection? I have also been looking at the Ultracraft Vision line, which is not a painted finish but an "engineered micro-fiber wood veneer" which in theory seems like it could have some advantages to a painted wood finish. Anyone have experience with this Vision line? Thanks.

• fuller888_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I've been designing kitchens for 20 years in the U.S and Europe and I find Cardell to be excellent value for my customers. I like all their options to keep it simple for the smaller budget or really go to town with elaborate design. They even make custom pieces from drawings I send them and the price is still below box stores. Good quality
    and reliable delivery.

• rdobre_nls_net
    12 years ago

Any one have finish "Ageing" issues with Cardell Cherry cabinets? We bought the Whyndom finish based on the sample in the sample rack. When cabs came they were significantly lighter in color than the sample. Both contractor (reputable house in business many years) and Cardell Rep said that the finish will age in about 90 days to what we bought. Anyone ever hear of this?

• clg7067
    12 years ago

Cherry will look lighter when you receive them, then they will darken up.

• robbcs3
    12 years ago

Cardell cabinets are a great value for the money. Great semi custom quality.

All cherry cabinets will darken with time, regardless of manufacturer. It is always a good idea to get a current sample made before ordering any cabinet. The sample you saw was probably a few years old, and had darkened significantly.

• agsis
    12 years ago

nikkipetey-
    I know I am a few months off, but hopefully you see this message. I am in the process of choosing on cardell cabinets and can't decide between the white and soft white. Your cabinet color looks perfect. Which one did you use?
    Thanks!

• natalia12
    11 years ago

Hi nikkipetey.
    Do you mind sharing what color is your cabs?
    Huge thanks!

• Nancy200
    11 years ago

I selected naturel maple shaker, full overlay with bi-parting doors as my cabinets from Cardell. I am very happy with them - the self-closing drawers and doors, the finish, etc. but especially the customer service! I found a dent in the corner of a door and a scrape on a drawer front. In addition, they sent me a sink base without bi-parting doors. I notified my cabinet distributor and Cardell replaced the doors and modified the sink base at no charge to me.I didn't even have to send the doors back to them. So if you order Cardell cabinets and when delivered, you find marks, dings, etc or you don't like a particular door front, etc. - TELL THEM! You will be surprized! I was told by the contractor that their quality control is a bit lax but if the customer complains, they will make it right.

• happs
    10 years ago

Nancy200. How long did it take for you to receive replacement parts from Cardell? I will probably be meeting with a Cardell rep to go over a long list of issues in cabinets I ordered and had installed.

• S1eph
    10 years ago

We depended on an arrogant kitchen designer who made a few mistakes. 1. Cardell does not make a 48" wall Shaker II cabinet. When they arrived, the tall cabs had a horizontal stile across the middle. Initially, Cardell refused to make doors that tall, but after several weeks the correct doors arrived. 2. The designer did not consider the depth of the wall cabinets and the crown molding when configuring the staggered cabinets. The depth is the same; therefore, the crown has no place to end and the installer mitered and returned the crown a few inches from the cabinet it abuts, which looks weird. Cardell delivered the cabinets within the time frame promised and the Capaccino Cherry is stained uniformly and is a nice change from the typical cabinets found in new kitchens. I have no complaints with Cardell, although I just heard today it filed for bankruptcy. No doubt the OSHA penalty played a part.

This post was edited by S1eph on Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 19:13

• S1eph
    10 years ago

Oops.

This post was edited by S1eph on Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 19:16

• Veronica Biggs
    4 years ago

Has anyone punched Cardell cabinets from Menards?

• live_wire_oak
    4 years ago

Builder grade..

• Veronica Biggs
    4 years ago

Live_wire_oak is that also true for their designer collection?

• Michelle misses Sophie
    4 years ago

Be aware, Cardell went out of business some years ago (and at the time was very low-end builder-grade, often sold at Home Depot). The factory was bought by another group and I believe re-opened with the same name, but it is a completely different company and cabinet line. Not familiar with the current product.

• Amy
    4 years ago

They are owned by Kitchen Kraft I believe.

• fordmav68
    4 years ago

Masco owns them...they also own Kraftmaid, Merillat, Quality Cabinets, and one two one...according to their website.

• Super Lumen
    4 years ago

Cardell Cabinets exists in name only. They went bankrupt in 2013 and in 2015 Masco bought the rights to the name. They are just slightly modified versions of Quality Cabinets and Kraftmaid lines with a different name on them so they can be sold @ Menards without violating exclusivity dealer agreements.

They are not terrible cabinets, but they are terrible for what you pay. There is much better out there for the price.

• radtkem
    4 years ago

What would you recommend for a similar price? We are about to order Cardell Cabinets from Menards and don’t want to make a big mistake!

• clubbinit1
    3 years ago

Super Lumen, We are about to order Cardell Cabinets also. I would like to know what other Cabinets are as good for the money.

• HU-960506556
    3 years ago

We too are looking at the Hickory Cardell CaCabinets from Menards and would like to know what companies are better for the

• bisondaktelcom
    3 years ago

Any updates? My son is looking also at Cardell hickory or alder from Menards. Thank you!

• Robin Redepenning
    3 years ago

Looking at Cardell hickory for kitchen cabinets from Menards. Looks like several people considering but no clear recent reviews. Thank you.

• HU-915177800
    3 years ago

Cardell Designer are really decent cabinets with lots of options... you can select the solid wood doors, if that's what you want. Plywood boxes are strong & have veneer interior. You can also choose builder grade options if you wish. Glass inserts of all sorts & glass shelves, etc. are available, and are excellent. Rather than trust what someone online says, just see them for yourself. They have a solid warranty & you can make choices that fit your plans, whether it's to use them for 40 years, or to spruce up and sell.

• sushipup1
    3 years ago

Gee, it sounds like you work for the business or sell them.

• Ben’s Mom
    3 years ago

We looked at different options and chose Cardell because of their quality and reasonable price. We got them installed about a month ago and we are very pleased with the quality and look.

• Celadon
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Gotta love people who resister just to hawk a bad product and do nothing else. 🙄

• Rich N
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Cardell and Cabinetworks customer service is the worst and focuses on blame shifting to the retailer. I bought Cardell cabinets and after waiting nine weeks for delivery I had to personally repair cabinet backs (not attached properly to sides) and the doors had multiple blemishes. Stay away from Cardell and all Cabinetworks cabinet lines if you value quality construction and responsive customer service.

• Michelle misses Sophie
    2 years ago

11 year old Cardell cabinets (from 2010) were made by a completely different company, which went bankrupt shortly after those would have been made (2013).

Cardell today is a different entity. You cannot compare anything made prior to 2013 with anything made after 2015.

• Rich N
    2 years ago

Michelle, if your comment is in response to mine, my cabinets were received in May 2021 under the newest ownership including Cabinetworks and Platinum.

• Mary D
    last year

Stay away from these cabinets. Spent about $3000 for 3 cabinets. Every piece had damage. Garbage!