Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
supermom74

Kitchen faucet

Supermom74
11 years ago

Looking for a pullout single lever kitchen faucet.
I really liked the KWC Ava Faucet - 10191003 (chrome)
but since I last looked the price has gone up over $100 / faucet and I need 2 since I will have 2 sinks.
I just found another faucet that looks pretty nice: Pegasus FP0A5012BNV Luca Kitchen Faucet, Brushed Nickel
This one even comes with a soap dispenser!!!

Anyone have any opinions on this??

Comments (3)

• suzy770
    11 years ago

My husband, a plumber, recommends the Grohe faucets. It is what I am putting into my new kitchen, too. G'luck

• uncouthtownie
    11 years ago

I purchased a Ruvati faucet from overstock. We have been using it for almost a year, and we really like it. At $150, the price is much lower than Grohe or KWC, and Overstock has excellent service. They also have a matching soap dispenser that you can order.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruvati Faucet

• OldTimeCarpenter1
    10 years ago

Ruvati USA, Inc. is a Texas corporation owned by Ashraf Hossain.

The company claims to be "a manufacturer of premium stainless steel kitchen sinks and faucets... influenced by Italian design..."

Of course its sinks and faucets are influenced by Italian design " everyone's sinks and faucets are influenced by Italian design " the Italians set the design standards for the entire world. But, Ruvati is not Italian, and not a manufacturer. It is an importer that operates out of a small office/warehouse center in Austin, TX, and does not now, nor has it ever owned a factory or an assembly plant, and none of its sinks or faucets have been any closer to Italy than central Texas.

It buys sinks and faucets in the box and ready to sell from Chinese manufacturers and markets them in the U.S. under the Ruvati brand name. The products are purchased through (Jiangmen) Hongmao Trading Co., Ltd., a broker, which acts as a middleman between foreign buyers and Chinese manufacturers. The actual manufacturer or its main product, stainless steel kitchen sinks appears to be XinHe Stainless Steel Products Co., Ltd.

The Ruvati faucets are good-quality, Chinese-made, stainless and brass faucets with good-quality cartridge valves from Kerox and Sedal.

But they have one fatal problem: They are not certified for use in the U.S. or Canada. Faucets sold in North America are regulated by law. They have to meet certain minimum standards and be certified to meet the standards before they can be installed.

Certification means, among other things, that the faucet has been tested to be free of toxic and harmful materials and to ensure that:

⢠Its maximum flow rate is limited to the federal legal maximum of 2.2 gallons per minute,

⢠The faucet valve can survive a minimum of 500,000 on/off cycles without a failure,

⢠The faucet has been tested for leaks at many times normal household water pressure,

⢠The faucet will hold a constant temperature under various operating condition (to prevent scalding), and

⢠The faucet is lead free under the very rigorous standard required by the federal Safe Drinking Water Act.

Without certification it is not possible to tell whether a faucet meets these standards, and if it does not meet these standards, you should not buy it. You don't know what you are buying. You don't know if it's safe, or reliable, or will fit standard North American plumbing fittings.

It costs between $5,000 and $15,000 to certify a faucet for use in the U.S. or Canada, and one reason Ruvati is able to sell its faucets at such low prices is that the company is selling illegal, uncertified faucets. Buy at your own risk.

Faucets that are certified comparable to Ruvati include Cifial, Danze, Delta, Kraus, Moen, Vigo, and Paini LaToscana.