Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Has anyone used a drop pull? pics please

Holly- Kay
11 years ago

Selecting the finish for my faucet and finding hardware to go with it is driving me crazy. Or like DH says"it's making you crazier"

I like some of the drop style pulls but think maybe the look would be odd. If you have used drop pulls please post pics.

Also there were some bin pulls from antique restoration that was art deco type with bakelite in the pulls. Probably too furniturey but an interesting look.

Comments (9)

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

My sister used drop pull door handles on the Woodmode kitchen she did about 10 years ago. Sorry no pics, she's cross country in PA and not tec savvy so I won't even bother to ask her to emal a pic, but she has great design taste.
    Only seen the kitchen a few times, but it was beautiful. Very traditional, insert style painted cream, recessed door style with a dark stained wood island. Countertops a warm cream, tan, brown veined polished granite and I think the pulls were ORB or some type of antiqued patina. Backsplash a neutral tumbled marble square tile that matched the shade of her cabinets.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you island! Her kitchen sounds lovely. I really like the drop pulls as they are so unusual in comparison to the everyday type that I see everywhere. I would like to add a touch of the unusual without being too quirky!

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

Don't do it. Mine are 8 yrs old. The catches wear out and then they damage your finish.

Pics later if you wish.

• localeater
    11 years ago

Redlover has posted the picture of damage to her cabinets before in the attached link. I recalled that I had it bookmarked. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet pulls thread

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Please do send pics Red! That was a concern of mine.I wondered if the drop would swing down and hit the cab. As much as I would like to do something a bit unusual I don't want to damage the cabinetry.

• itsallaboutthefood
    11 years ago

I used Schaub Beckenridge ring and backplate pulls on my pantry cabinets. I love them!

I also used Amerock blackrock pulls and knobs on the rest of the kitchen, but on the sink cabinet I used the drop pull for this collection. This drop pull does not hit the cabinet itself so I don't think it will cause any wear.

Here is a link that might be useful: Schaub Beckenridge ring and backplate pulls

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks local! I didn't see your post til after I posted the request!

• Vertise
    11 years ago

I wonder if needing to slide your fingers down behind to pull it out also creates wear on the drawer face over time. I had a car door that did that.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Itsall, Schaub is one of my all time favorites. Most of the pulls and knobs that I like are Shaub. I can see that your particular style drop with the backplate would avoid damage to the cab.

I feel like I am no further ahead in deciding now than I was when I started! I did order a sample of the baroque bin pull that I like from Antique Hardware. The problem with that though is that I think I would like to use the same for upper and lowers and can't imagine a bin pull looking good on cabs.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!