Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Style/Era do you think of when you see this faucet?

Posted by beth0301 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 22:32

I'm looking for a faucet and this one kind of struck me but then when I read the description, it was made to sound the opposite of the look I'm going for.

What kind of kitchen would you see this faucet being chosen for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Style/Era do you think of when you see this faucet?

I think it could go from traditional to transitional to contemporary with ease. The handles make it traditional. The sleek styling makes it contemporary. Paired together it leans transitional.

How's that for covering all your bases? ;)

o

It could go just about anywhere. I think it fits into a very modern/industrial setting or into a vintage room.

o

It looks modern to me.

o

Art deco 1930s kitchen.

If you like it, use it, and don't let the description get in the way of what you see when you look at the faucet.

o

My first guess would be mid-century modern; but then I look at it again and I think earlier... 20's-30's. But I'm not a designer. I like it.

jen

o

Looks like a contemporary/modern bathroom faucet to me.

o

Those handles definitely mark it as 1980's +.

1930's cross handles would have been in chrome and looked like this:

Are you concerned with historical accuracy? If you love a faucet I wouldn't let that stop you; it's working kitchen, not a museum! :-)

o

The pop up drain makes it bath more than kitchen. The look to me is an industrial sort of mid century science lab faucet, which could work for a bath or a bar in the right setting.

o

I see it as more transitional (but the finish somewhat evokes something modern too). If you love it, though, definitely use it. :)

o

It looks like a Kohler Purist vessel sink bath faucet to me
2000s.

o

Definitely for a modern space, to me. Industrial was another good suggestion.

o

I agree with snookums. Has an industrial feel, and the lines make it feel contemporary to me.

The shape of the spokes on the handles look contemporary to me, versus vintage. But the faucet itself could pass for anything from contemporary/industrial to genuinely vintage.

o
Purist lavatory faucet

photo zaa56247_zpsc878b6cb.jpg

o

My first thought was the Kohler Purist also. I studied that one seriously for my MB. I need a one handled unit, though, for ease of use.

o

Kohler Purist line of products:

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Purist

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here