Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Backsplash/Opinions wanted

Posted by deanfinder (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 22:28

We are in the process of having a home built. We have selected green iron honed for our kitchen counters, which will be paired with dark brown stained cabinets. We have also selected an accent tile for our backsplash. But we are stuck choosing between two different tiles for the rest of the backsplash (we might have done some of this backwards but oh well!).

I have attached pictures of the accent tile with the slabs for the counter and the two selections for the backsplash (Picture 1 - Tarragon; Picture 2 - Caraway). Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Backsplash/Opinions wanted

One obvious question, is there a reason you are choosing brown tiles instead of green?

o

From the picture I'd say Tarragon. But I'd like to see it with the cabinet - the stain of that might really pull the tiles pink or orange...

o

I like the lighter color, but a cabinet sample would be helpful.

o

Thanks for the comments so far!

To answer the questions posed:

- We looked at green tile but couldn't really find anything we liked. We also wanted something that would provide a little contrast.

- Our cabinets are site built so we do not have any samples yet. We will do a dark espresso colored stain, aiming not to have any red in the stain. I think that would help avoid pulling out the pink/red in the tile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here