Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighting inside upper glass cabinets

Posted by kam76 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 22:12

I have seen some of you have small upper glass cabinets similar to this picture that are lit from the inside. Did you have can lights installed in the top of the cabinet or is it some sort of special inner cabinet lighting?

photo upperglasscabinets.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighting inside upper glass cabinets

Here's mine. I used LED puck lights - dimmable. One in each of the upper cabinets, centered. The full glass cabinets got 2 pucks in each one.

Also used the same pucks for under cabinet lighting on a different switch.

LED is the way to go - no heat.

photo photo5-1.jpg
 photo photo4-1.jpg
 photo photo3-1.jpg
 photo photo2-1.jpg

o

We also used LED puck lights, but we only used one in each 36 inch cabinet. Mine are from WAC Lighting, model HR-85. They required a transformer, and we used WAC Lighting LED-350MA09-RB. One transfotmer could be used for up to three puck lights. We didn't use the puck lights for our under cabinet lighting. For that we used the LUL series from American Fluorescent (they are LED as well), which did not require a transformer.

o

We just got our in-cabinet and undercabinet lights installed yesterday. We used strip LEDs although I don't have brand information for you. We used the same lights we used for under the cabinets although we put them on separate switches. The dimmers for LEDs are so expensive that we opted to only go with the dimmer for the in-cabinet lights but not for the undercabinets. I have a feeling we are going to regret that decision ... those undercabinets are pretty bright. Anyway, I'm loving the lights in the cabinets and I like that you can't see them like you would a puck light in the top.

photo photo-4_zps4b108a5c.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here