Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

new fans, faucets, and lights..finally

Peke
9 years ago

We finally have our two 72" living room ceiling fans installed. They are so quiet with a DC motor and boy can they move some air. The lights that come with them are hideous so we didn't use them. Take a look at these bad boys!

Comments (12)

• Peke
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It was hard to fit two of them in a picture.

• Peke
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is the best dog washing faucet!

• Peke
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brizo drinking water faucet with 3 stage filter under sink. I love this little faucet.

• Peke
    Original Author
    9 years ago

2 ceiling fans in the kitchen and two stained glass lights over the island are finally installed. My kitchen is a lot cooler with those two fans.

• bpath
    9 years ago

Whoa! 72" fans? Awesome! You are going to have a comfy summer :)

• Mgoblue85
    9 years ago

Congrats Peke. It's looking good!

• feisty68
    9 years ago

Wonderful improvements! Your counters are really pretty :)

• themaid
    9 years ago

oh that dog faucet is what i need. my current one gets me soaked and half the laundry room.

• ppbenn
    9 years ago

Brands please! They look great. Love that laundry faucet what is it?

• smsm24
    9 years ago

what type of fans did you use? I need to replace 2 and add 1 as part of my kitchen re-model.

• Peke
    Original Author
    9 years ago

All the fans and lights were from Lowes. Stained glass lights were special order. The 72" fans WERE special order, but my local Lowes sells them now. The blades are black plastic, but I don't really care. Since we didn't use the light kits, we have to have a round circle of stainless steel made to cover up where the lights connect.

The small fans were about $50.00 each. They didn't have great #s as far as amount of air moved, but they move a lot of air because the air bounces off the cabinets. 72" fans were $299.00 when we bought them. They have a DC motor which lasts forever and is quiet. We hear the air moving, but not the motor! It's like one of those silent helicopters! No wobble either. 8885 cfm (cubic Ft per min.) Harbor Breeze Slinger is the name. We have never bought Harbor Breeze before.

I love my faucet with my utility sink. From the floor to the countertop is 41". No more bending over. My back used to hurt when wrestling and washing dogs. The faucet is from T&S Brass. I looked for a year, I think. It was so expensive that I had to wait for a half way decent price. Still too much but I really wanted it. It is still cheaper than those Waterstone faucets though. $382.69 was a great price. I think msrp was $700 or $800. I bought it from Culinary Depot. Model # B-0176. Some have a letter after the number so be careful ordering.

You need to research the sprayer nozzle if you are using it for dogs. Some sprayers are high powered. They will take the hair right off your dog! I got one that is lower powered, but it still stings so I turn the taps low. The faucets are for spraying caked on food off dishes at restaurants. They also make a dog washing faucet that has a coiled hose.I attached a picture of it.

Also watch for high flow and low flow faucets. Some have a lot of water going through them. You don't need that much water for pets. My faucet has 1.4gpm, a 12" swing add-on faucet, an angled spray valve, 9 Ft of stainless steel hose and spray head, wall hook, auto-off sprayer, and mixing faucet. I can use the faucet or the sprayer because the add-on faucet has a shut off valve.

They also have those pedals to work the sink faucet.
    Here is a picture of the pet washing faucet.

Here is a link that might be useful: t&s brass sprayers

• Peke
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I forgot to mention that some of the faucets are wall mounted. B-0175 is wall mounted and B-0176 is deck mounted. (mine)

We put in two 72" fans because our July and August electric bills were well over $500.00 each month for two years in a row. Hopefully the fans will help. We use an attic fan from mid April to mid June. So now we have a total of six ceiling fans in our living/kitchen combo rooms. Actually two separate rooms, but no inside walls. 43' x 30' which is about 1300sf. And 12' ceilings... which I swore 20 years ago that I would never have again due to AC costs.

Here is a close up of the light at night. It is sort of iridescent up close. We needed big lights there, but didn't want bulky square or round lights.