Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

partial reveal half finished kitchen

Peke
10 years ago

Kitchen as seen from living room. We still need to cover that ugly beam, and add an island, new window, vent hood, lights.
Peek

Comments (63)

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Good morning Peke, your kitchen is looking fantastic so far. I see you decided on Greenwich pulls. I think you will be very happy with them. I have recommended them to many people but not sure if you were one of them.

I am wondering about the sizes that you mentioned. I know that sometimes on websites they measured center to center and sometimes by the overall length. Below is a copy of the sizes that were shown in the Greenwich catalog. It doesn't show an 8 inch like you mentioned. The # P3374 is center to center 12 inches but the overall length is 13-1/4. Just thought I'd point that out.
    {{!gwi}}

To help you visualize a little more here are a couple pictures of my hardware with the product number and sizes.

Here is P3371 c/c 128mm L6-3/8" on a 13-1/2 in. wide drawer face.
    {{!gwi}}

In this photo the upper cabinet doors have P3041 c/c 224mm L10".
    The drawers on the left are 24" wide and have P3374 c/c12" L13-1/4.
    The middle drawers are 36" wide and have pull P3375 18"c/c L19-1/4
    The drawers on the right are 18" and have pull P3041c/c 224 L 10"
    I did not use Greenwich's smallest pull P3370 any where so can't show you that one.
    {{!gwi}}

Hope this helps a little.

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Peke, I meant to also include some pricing info. I live in the Midwest and ordered my hardware locally. I paid $5.10 for the 6-3/8 inch length. The 10" lengths were $7.25. The 13-1/4 inch ones were $16.25 and I paid a whopping $29.35 for the 19-1/4 inch pulls (glad I only had 3 of that size).

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I love those pulls as well and almost switched to them from by Baldwin Brass but Badgergal helped me stay the course....

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Peke, it looks wonderful! I am just in love with your ovens.

Badgergal, thank you for posting the hardware sizes you used. My kd only figured 3inch pulls for me and I think that will look just silly on my cabinets that will go to the ceiling. I have some samples on order from top knobs but I am going to check out Greenwich also!

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Badgergal, you were the one I needed to thank! So...thank you for knowing what I needed. I remember your vertical tile behind the range hood...it is fantastic!

I found the 96mm for #3.65, the 128mm for $4.80, the 224mm for $6.92, the 12" c/c for $15.57, and the 18" c/c for $27.49.

I have 56 to buy, so I am going with 96mm, 128mm, 224mm, and a few 12" ones. Those 18" ones are perfect though for my 36" cabinets.....sigh!

holly-kay, I agree with you. The 3" will work for some, but you will probably need some larger ones.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Knobs ordered!

The broiler is wonderful on the upper gas oven.

The lower electric oven does not work. American Range is trying to find a repair guy locally.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Update! The trash compactor does not work either. Electrician cam out and said everything is fine with his end.

My husband checked the electrical by the trash compactor and it has no power. So electrician was wrong. Will get him out here again.

Waiting on the hood to be installed. Trim and crown molding went on today. Some crown had to be left off since I haven't bought the LED lights yet.

I haven't chosen the stone yet. I live two hours away from the stone stores. They are open on Saturday so I went today. They had a bunch of sold signs on the front stones but there were more behind the sold ones. But they only had one young lady working and no one was there to move the stones around. Why open on Saturday? So I was gone from 10:00 to 6:00 and still don't have a stone picked out.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Blue Star range top is installed.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

Peke, congrats on getting this far! All looks great and good to see you cooking again (saw your egg post). American range cooking looks nice.

Did you ever get your under-cabinet lighting manufacturer chosen? I posted over in lighting but don't know if you'd be back. I'm on venting, lighting and refrigerator sugar lows, but keep plodding.

• deedles
    10 years ago

Looking good! I can't remember but were you the person that was worried the big fridge/freezer would look bad? They look great in there. It's all coming together nicely!

• mjocean
    10 years ago

Peek,
    Everything is looking good. I love those ovens. Your kitchen lay out looks very efficient. Your kitchen will be so beautiful, enjoy.
    MJ

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Great space and huge! All of your appliance choices are awe inspiring, I've not seen that oven before, it's cool! Hope the bottom one gets hot for you though. ;)
    It must be scary to have things not work right after install. I have a garage full of appliances that haven't been unwrapped yet, I'm worried that this might happen to me too....so many things to fret over in a project like this,
    Hope you find the perfect stone to compliment your already stunning kitchen! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sparkling water, no I haven't chosen ucls yet. I want leds but don't want to pay those prices. ð I will get them later. We did wire for them. Have you chosen any yet?

Deedles, no it wasn't me. Though I do feel very short next to the refrigerator and 8' tall cabinets. I might need one of those library ladders on a rail for the upper cabinets. ðÂÂÂ

Mjocean, I am glad you like it. The fridge is far from sink, oven, and range top, but I didn't want it next to my oven.

Sanjuangirl, are you from Puerto Rico? I received some of my appliances in November. I was worried too. I wanted them there before new year's prices went up, but worried they would sit there for a while.

I hate corner cabinets so I didn't put one in. I have had lazy Susans and wide opening corner cabinets with double opening doors, I didn't want to mess with it this time. I figured out that I wouldn't lose much square footage from upper and lower cabinet. I lost countertop space, but I use islands for most of my prep. Then I added the 8' spice cabinet next to the oven so I added square footage back in.

Now if I just knew what to do with those ugly beams! I want some kind of wood and that's all I know. Any advice?

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

No, no ucl led selection as yet, Peke.

But the good news is I understand the non-direct wire LED route better, at least I think so: with Power Off, AC 12/2 or 12/3 romex stripped and connected to DC low voltage wire via wire nut in junction boxes (need very nimble fingers and sturdy box, nuts and luck), connector from junction box to actual low voltage bar light, jumpers between lights, multi prong direct current in dimmible magnetic power supply (aka, transformer) and proper AC dimmer, best to stay with same manufacturer for all products. I need to do my kitchen in zones as we can't leap across the room with wires. Lucky I have lots of switches, outlets on both sides and sub-panel space.

I found an electrician who has done them if my GC is unwilling, and I've spent time on my lighting plan. I've contacted a few sites recommended on the ucl LED thread for a plan.

Sigh. If only I had bought wider light rail I'd be good to go with hard wire.

Your kitchen looks great. It's a long process with a steep learning curve.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SparklingWatee, post when you buy your lights. I will probably still not have mine. Peke

Badgergal please tell me the name of your tile. I love it.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Trash compactor is working. It flipped a breaker for some reason.

Range hood is in and working. I could interrogate prisoners with the hood lights....make them talk. ðÂÂÂ

Now I have to get my husband to install the utility room upper cabinets. He would rather be mowing outside than doing remodeling work.

I, on the other hand, desperately need to design/draw out my island so my cabinet guy can build it. Then I can have countertops. Woohoo!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Peke: Did you ever find the white python? Are you still considering that? Would love to see a slab of that.....

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I love your oven! I visited my dd last week and did most of the cooking while they were at work. I couldn't use the top oven in her wall ovens; I'm too short to reach inside over the pull down door. But that oven would be great, and I love that you can have one gas and one electric.

I really like all your shelves and organizing options too. Very nice.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Firsthouse, here is a picture, but I haven't seen it in person.

I can imagine how pretty it would be with white cabinets.

Marti, This oven is a lot higher than my last double oven. The temperature number and words on the knobs are below the knobs so you can see them. It is wonderful to open those doors and get closer to turn or check food.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

White python. Horrible name. Pale blues and greens.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

That stone is gorgeous! The colors are so soft and beautiful! In answer to your earlier question; not San juan in Puerto Rico, San Juan Capistrano in Orange County, California. Not quite as exotic! Just read about your leaky roof, hope it is a minor repair. You're kitchen is looking great.

Be safe!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

WOW that's pretty. Would be gorgeous in a bathroom too. Wonder if it's called different names, as I don't think I've gheard that before.

Post some kitchen updates!! (sans leaky roof)

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is the Sea Pearl. I like the softness of it better than the White Python, but Sea Pearl is shades of gray not blues and greens. I can't decide.

There are no updates....I am stuck. I still haven't designed the island or made a decision on the quartzite. I wish I had a sample of both.

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Peke: Glad you and the kitchen are still making progress.

The White Python, based on the link, looks a lot like a slab I saw called Bianco Pinta Verde Azul. In one place, they called it a quartzite, in another location, they said it was a marble. The one I fell in love with had a lot more motion to it, but I understand there are more still versions. I was on a neverending hunt for quartzite.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I saw some quartzites online today that I have never seen before. One was blue, lavender, cream, and green. Pretty for a bathroom.

• frugalnotstingy
    10 years ago

Hey Peke, your cabinets looks like mine! :-D it looks better in your kitchen though... You mentioned you stained your new cabs to match the old ones, do you mind sharing the stain color & brand you used? I bought an unfinished cabinet base to replace a desk & I might stain it to match.

Btw, your oven is way cool!

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gooster, Seems like I am on a never ending hunt too.

Frugal, my cabinet guy took a piece of my old stained oak(1995) to Sherwin Williams. They matched it perfectly. Only a few old cabinets survived the tear out. One was a 15" deep pantry that was about 6' long and 7' high. I moved the utility room door over so I could put the old
    pantry in that small room. Then one upper cabinet was put over the washer and dryer. (My husband really loves it when I take a sledgehammer to something then tell him to fix it. He learned how to reframe a new door opening.)

Here is a picture of the old stain beside the new stain. We don't have any of the old stain in the kitchen. The baseboard trim that touches the new cabinets is old stain though.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The pantry from 1995. Only 15" deep, but perfect for cleaning supplies, zip lock bags, laundry detergent, candles, paper plates, plastic utensils, picnic items, small ice chests, lunch boxes, etc. I plan on putting another cabinet to the left in them blank spot for mops, vacuums, etc.

As you can see we still do not have the flooring chosen in the utility room. Everything is on hold for me to choose a countertop. We still haven't painted the walls.

The cabinets look like different colors because the utility room has a light on.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Old 1995 cabinet over the washer and dryer. I forgot to order pulls for these cabinets.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This pantry is for electrical appliances. Some appliances can be plugged in the pantry like the can opener. Other appliances have to be pulled out of the pantry in order to be used like the coffee pot. Mixers, blenders, food processors, crock pot,

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the side of the refrigerator panel. It faces the living room. This is why I didn't get shaker cabinets. Cabinet guy is boyfriend of a relative. He makes beautiful cabinets with solid wood throughout, but he jumped the gun and made this cabinet before I even designed the cabinets. So I never got to tell him I wanted Shaker. They are pretty though.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I finally got the glass in the doors so I put some old dishes in the tall cabinetsl

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

New glass in doors. I put more old dishes in them.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

New stairs have been built for months. I am scared to stain them.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cookbook pantry is ready to be filled. Now I can't find where we put them.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We are back to using part of the living room. The leather couch and chairs didn't do well stacked to the ceiling in our bedroom. They are looking rather tired now. Our old entertainment center does not match our oak cabinets. Too bad! I am keeping it...for now. LOL

• cathy725
    10 years ago

Looking good. I'm with you on the tired furniture in the pretty new living spaces. I'm also too tired to think about new furniture so we will live with it for awhile and decide later what we want to replace, add or subtract from the current furniture!

Once my guests leave I'll start taking my reveal photos!

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ooohhhh and aaaaahhhh. I love reveal photos. I will be watching for your thread. I just know there is something I need to put in my kitchen.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

LOL and hope you find the cookbooks soon! Can you send you cabinet friend my way - bathroom is next!
    Looking good!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Peke: That Sea Pearl is REALLY REALLY PRETTY! Is it marble or quartzite? The progress is looking good!! Keep going :)

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Firsthouse, it is quartzite. $98.00 sf includes fabrication. Ouch!

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Woo hoo! My island is installed. It is 93" x 45" with all drawers and a microwave drawer and warming drawer.

Countertops and backsplash are next.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The other side.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

Nice Peke! Looks great. Can't wait to see your countertops!

Btw, range hood really worked into your space well.

• bpath
    10 years ago

Woo Hoo indeed! Nice island, I'm sure you'll appreciate the micro and warming drawer right at hand. The pulls on the back cabinets look great, too.

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sparkling water, the hood still looks massive to me. If I had a cat I would be afraid to turn it on high. It is so powerful it would suck the cat up.

Bp, I love the pulls, but I am not sure if I am putting the same ones on the island. They are all large pulls. Peke

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Update on the hybrid double oven....

American Range tested my oven on Friday at their warehouse. They are shipping it Monday and they are paying for delivery and installation on Friday. (And to remove the original one that doesn;t work.)

I will believe it when I see it!

Peke

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, they are supposed to remove the old oven and install the new oven tomorrow, but I haven't heard from anyone.

Good news! They measured for my countertop this afternoon. I went to approve it a half hour later. Then they started cutting the slab...and only one slab! Yay!

The fabricator said they will install Monday or Tuesday.

Now I really have to find a garbage disposal, water filter, and laundry room faucet this weekend. So excited about my countertop though. Peke

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Wow! Almost finished! I had forgotten about your partial reveal. Are you putting sea pearl on the island?

• Peke
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A2, yes...the whole kitchen. Plus enough left over for my utility sink and windowsill, and a backsplash in utility room.

American Range paid for someone to install and deliver my new oven. It works! Third oven is the charm.

Peke