Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silgranit sink with side drainer

Posted by lynne412 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 21:58

Does anyone have the silgranit undermount sink with the side drainer. I was wondering how the side drainer holds up regarding scratches etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silgranit sink with side drainer

Super single? 50/50? Model number/name?

o

My silgranite sink has no scratches or nicks after about 18 months of use. I would assume the drain board part would hold up as well as the sink bowls do. If the sink you are inquiring about is the sink pictured below are you aware that it requires a 54 inch cabinet.

This post was edited by badgergal on Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 0:05

o

More info on the type of sink I have questions on.

440399 Blanco Precis Multi-level 1 - 3/4 Bowl with drainer.
Really concerned with the upkeep of the drainer on the right side.

o

yes I do know it requires a 54 inch cabinet. It would work in our kitchen.

o

It seems like a great idea to have a side drainer, yet I never see this sink on the Kitchens Forum. I wonder if it's due to the individual bowl dimensions. I didn't see the dimensions, but just be careful about the size of each bowl. I would be concerned that neither side is big enough to soak a pan or wash a pot easily. Check the the interior dimensions of each bowl--not just the exterior--before you make this purchase. Call Blanco if you cannot find the information online; they have great customer service.

o

There are folks who have had the drainer cut into their stone and I think that looks nice and they seem to like it. Might be an option to allow for a bigger sink and still have the drainer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here