Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White cabinets - shaker or raised panel

Posted by truffula (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 21:57

I see a lot of pictures of shaker cabinets and I think it's a beautiful look. I also like the raised panel styles (I tend towards traditional) but worry it may look a bit dated. Does anyone have a white kitchen with raised panel details?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White cabinets - shaker or raised panel

We have raised panel doors in white. I like the shaker too.

See the link to my kitchen. Good luck with your choice.

Here is a link that might be useful: White Raised Panel Doors

o

We are going with white shaker. I love the look of raised panels but we have wainscoting in another room of the house and while I love the look I don't like cleaning them. I think the shaker will be easier to keep clean and tidy.

o

thanks

o

I vote for shaker - that's what we're getting in our kitchen remodel this summer.

o

Both will be dated at some point, so it's really almost become something nonsensical to worry about.

People have asked the same about Shaker cabinets, but in the, what? 100 years since they were originally introduced by their creators? Have they disappeared?

People who enjoy a more formal kitchen will continue to choose raised cabinets doors. They're shadow effects are beautiful and will continue to be lovely.

IMHO, it's the white that carries this in some way. Not that wood cabinets aren't gorgeous, but the white keeps things fresh for me.

just a thought.

o

Both are nice, get what you like. Sometimes I think we worry too much about what is the current "trend", instead of focusing on what we really like. 10 yrs from now, honey oak could be the must have trend, and right now, everyone is painting/replacing their honey oak. I think white shaker and raised panel are pretty classic, you can't go wrong with either style.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here