Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kobes51

a2gemini: pull information you wanted

badgergal
12 years ago

a2 Gemini, you asked in a different thread about the size of my cabinet drawers and pulls. I used 10 inch pulls on my upper cabinets except for the very short cabinet above my refrigerator. The fridge cabinet is a 6 inch pull. My 36 inch drawers have 19 inch pulls and the 24 inch wide drawers have 12 inch pulls. I have 10 inch pulls on my 18 inch drawers. I have some drawers that are only 13 inches wide and those have the 6 inch pulls.

What I was trying to do was keep various lengths all approximately the same proportion in relation to my drawer widths. I made drawer templates out of cardboard and then used tag board and made cut outs of the different pull lengths to see how they looked on the drawers.

If I recall correctly, you were thinking about pulls in a antique brass finish. My pulls are a stainless finish but I think they come in chrome and satin nickel also. They have another finish for the Greenwich series that is called Windover Antique. On line it looks like it might be a bronze type finish. If you have a cabinet and hardware specialty store near you they might carry the Greenwich line. The Hickory Harware website does have a link for where to buy. They are also available on various online sites.

I think these pulls would look great with your cabinets and that gorgeous countertop you have picked out. The pulls are a very nice quality. I love how they look and feel.

Below is a one more picture that shows the 24 inch, 36 inch and 17 inch drawers:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Badger
    Thank you so much for your information. And you do have a good memory!
    KD pushed me(well highly suggested) ordering the pulls before cabinets arrived.
    So, I ordered 80 five inch arch pulls-all 5 inches.
    I am not sure I like them(quality yes, size-no)
    I actually carried 25 of them on the plane (yes, security had a field day with the metal and a big piece of my counter but wanted to show DM my kitchen as she is not mobile enough to travel)
    I went back to the Baldwin store but the arch max size is 8 inches)
    Will take a look at your website and proportions.
    PS I currently have a cardboard sink and faucet hanger to decide on faucet placement.
    I won't let them install until I am sure!
    Thanks!

• denali2007
    12 years ago

badgergirl

I love your kitchen.. Those rounded cabinets at the end are beautiful. I saw your kitchen in another thread about kitchen pulls and checked them out. They do feel so nice. We are not at that point yet but trying to get ideas. Is the countertop Butterfly Verde or Peacock Green? I love both. What did you use for your range backsplash? That looks beautiful also.

• badgergal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

denali:
    My countertop is verde peacock aka peacock green. I surprised myself by picking it because I usually prefer granite with veining in it. But I also love the color peacock blue/green. I did have to look at 4 stone yards before I found one that had just the right verde peacock slab. I wanted one with bigger splotches of the blue/green color and enough gold flecks in it.
    The verde butterfly slabs I saw had some white in them and I didn't want that.
    My backsplash tile is called Shamrock Shake Multi. I bought it from a local flooring and tile store who gets it from a midwest distributor called 21st Century Tile. I found only one online source that sells the tile. Their picture of the tile though is really poor. I would never have bought it from just looking at their photo.
    Here is the online website:

http://mosaiccreationsonline.com/ShamrockShake_GlassMu.html

On the online site and 21st Century Tile's website both show the tile with a tan/ beige grout. I used a dark onyx green grout and IMO it looks so much better with dark grout. In my backsplash search I found other mosaics with similar color glass tiles but none that had all the elements of the Shamrock Shake Multi. You should be able to see in my photo below, a very dark green smooth glass, a medium green textured glass and a light green frosted glass. In the mix there is also some kind on stone tile and the stainless steel tiles.
    Here is a close up of the tile:
    {{!gwi}}
    And here is a shot of the granite which was taken at night with just a cell phone camera. Not the best photo but gives you an idea.
    {{gwi:1567049}}
    Hope this info helps. Good luck with your remodel

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Badger - that is gorgeous together!!

• denali2007
    11 years ago

Badger

Thank you for your response. I definitly think we are going with the Peacock Verde and thanks for the hint to look at different granite and marble yards. I know the fabricator has several that he uses.

I looked at the tile on the site you mentioned and I can get some samples from there. I think I should be able to get it locally as there are so many places here.

Thanks again.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Badger - where did you purchase your pulls. I can only find 1 or 2 sizes of the Greenwich pulls on line and haven't found a local place that carries them.
    I called one of the on-line and they only had one length.
    The Hickory Hdwre only listed on length also.
    Thanks

• badgergal
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I sent you an email (actually my iPad had a problem, and I think it sent it 3 times) with information about the pulls. Let me know if you did not get it and I will resend it

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Thanks - will check my email
    I figured out my problem. Not all colors are available in all sizes :-(
    Thanks for your patience.
    I think I am just exhausted - kitchen DM long distance problems, new work project....

• badgergal
    Original Author
    11 years ago

a2gemini, sent you one more email about the pulls. Hope it answers your questions