Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teehee1984

Speedcook (advantium) conundrum

Teehee1984
9 years ago

I am in the throes of planning a much-needed kitchen remodel that is now 2.5 years overdue (....when my ge double wall oven went belly up)

I don't really need a double oven, although on occasion it has been really nice. I also like the height of a wall oven and I'm not ready to go for a slide in. ...So that leads me to the speedcook option over a traditional/convection wall oven. That fits my needs and space restrictions.

Problem is, if I do the advantium (which seems to be the overwhelming favorite in terms of speedcook ovens), then I am stuck with putting a matching ge oven below it. I was thinking ge monogram/pro,but I am afraid the ge monogram will be junked in 8 years (that was the planned lifespan/planned obsolescence of my last ge oven, as it turned out).

In that case, I am better off spending $1000 more and getting a wolf to be put under wolf's less favorable convection microwave (just a souped-up sharp microwave) or the miele. In the long run, that would probably be cheaper.

I do a lot of cooking and baking. .... But ovens should be engineered to last more than 8 years. Such a waste - this practice of planned obsolescence. It seems better to pay more upfront than to fill our dumps with these junky appliances.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022