Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash for kitchen

Posted by linda1940 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 21:25

I have blue pearl granite countertop, white cabinets, while subway tile backsplash. I had the tile person put up a border, but it is too gray. He is willing to remove it, but i can't decide if i should pick a different border or just have the subway tile go all the way down to the counter. Any ideas? I am going to paint the walls a light shade of blue. Adjoining living room will be a light peach color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash for kitchen

I'd go with the subway, so that you can change the color of the kitchen if you like.

o

I can go either way on this one. Obviously your heart was set on a border and you had it installed. You picked this color but now it is too gray. What's to say the next one won't be right either?
Colors can be tricky, and sometimes when installed light hit it a certain way, or being next to something can change it too.
What will you do differently in picking the next blue border?

o

Can you please post a picture?
I went with a border as I felt that I needed something more than just plain subway. I like it but also like others who used plain subway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here