Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mygar_gw

What are your favorite sites to purchase kitchen stuff?

mygar
16 years ago

I love to see the posts where people list various sites that they like to browse or have purchased from with good results. I was hoping everybody would list them here so they would all be together.

I'll start:

faucetdepot.com

efaucets.com

galaxytoolsupply.com

Comments (65)

• dalcolli
    15 years ago

bump

• dede711
    15 years ago

Amazon.com had some of the best prices on my Kohler fixtures.

AH Turf.com for my Schaub and Co. cabinet pulls.

AJ Madison.com for appliances. (Had a few issues with delivery (not their fault), but their customer service was outstanding!)

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

FAUCETDEPOT.COM! My Franke Orca sink and all accessories, as well as my Brizo faucet arrived yesterday, in perfect condition. Gave me great prices over the phone. Very happy.

Costco.com. I have not bought kithcen items there, but I have bought other types of items and never had a problem, and I don't believe you need to be a member. They do carry sinks and faucets and stuff.

Sue

• ehs20815
    15 years ago

I'll just add my 2cents to others' comments about Ira Woods. Their prices are competitive, but their service leaves a lot to be desired. About 1 month ago, I received incorrect infomation from their customer service about a sink. When the item arrived, the sink was missing parts that I was told were included. Turns out those parts will cost $200 more--had they given me the correct info in the first place, I would've chosen something else!

Even though I had notes supporting the incorrect info tey gave me (including employee name who told me the incorrect info)they won't take the item back without charging me return shipping and a 20% restocking fee--altogether about $120 just to return the darn thing. Since they gave incorrect info, you would think they would take the whole thing back, but I literally cannot get a return phone call from the customer service manager, even as the clock is ticking on the return period. At this point, I'd rather have a working sink than the $200 (funny how renovation gets to us, eh???) But given how they've treated me so far, I would HATE to pay them $200 more to send me the remaining parts.

I wish I had known about this site before ordering. I too am getting a run around from them. Be careful out there!

• djosie
    15 years ago

We have ordered 3 times from Ira Woods and have been very pleased. We also ordered a Kohler sink from homeclick and received it in less than 48 hours.

• mnbobbi
    15 years ago

Bellacor lighting - fast, free shipping for several fixtures, and excellent customer service when my glass was broken. I rec'd replacements in just a few days.

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

ehs20815, what brand is the sink, can you purchase the parts elsewhere?

Sue

• cork2win
    15 years ago

I have to rave about Bellacor for lighting. We ordered a bunch of lights from them and out of about 20, only one came broken. I contacted them and instead of having me ship it back (the shade was the only thing broken) they just shipped me out a new shade! I was thrilled with their service.

I bought some bathroom vanities on Ebay with no problem. I got our advantium from Gochnauer's or something like that with no problem. I did a ton of online shopping for our new house, and had great luck with everything.

• sanborn5
    15 years ago

myknobs.com, (good pricing and good service)
    Ebay- My adult children call me the ebay queen
    faucetdepot.com
    lightinguniverse.com
    So many good one's out there. How did we ever build a house before the Internet???

• kulagal
    15 years ago

bump

• lewbloom
    15 years ago

I along with friends and family have bought our kitchen cabinets online through Buycabinets.com.

BuyCabinets.com prices were awesome and their service was even better! Good customer service is important to me. If it is to you check them out.

We have also saved money at myknobs.com.

I recommend both
    BuyCabinets.com
    MyKnobs.com

• mmme
    15 years ago

I'm bumping this question. Considering buying my Blanco sink from Homeclick or Irawoods. Boy, it's scary making a big purchase online, especially when timing is important!

• gshop
    15 years ago

Check out Homeandstone (eBay) for your Blanco sink. I bought mine from them and was very pleased with the price & customer service! Good Luck!

• mominthedubc
    15 years ago

Mygar, thanks for posting this thread and thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am going to check out some of these sites. Just worry about the warranty and backing their products but I would assume the sites will state what their policy is, thanks again for the suggestions!

• neesie
    15 years ago

mmme, don't be afraid to buy your blanco on-line. I've heard great things about homeandstone. I used homeclick just because I also wanted the custom cutting board that homeandstone didn't offer. Everything was packaged wonderfully, no chance of breakage and quickly shipped! All these sites provide a customer service number so you can double check on the shipping dates for peace of mind. I know I did!

• raenjapan
    15 years ago

Overstock.com has some great deals on faucets and sinks and small appliances, and cheap or free shipping. If you buy anything from them, be sure to google "coupon codes overstock.com" to get 10% off.

• coachark
    15 years ago

I have been over on the bathroom forum asking about HomeCenter.com as we are having trouble with the order we placed with them for our bathroom faucets. Here is our experience:
    They failed to notify us that the items we ordered were out of stock at the time of our purchase, failed to notify us of any shipping dates which they say they do and then sent us one item from our order in a pieced together box, failed to respond to e-mails asking for estimates of shipping dates for the rest of our order, charged our credit card right away for all items and then have an additional 4% charge if we try to cancel even though shipping hasn't occurred. This company is not recommended by New Yorks's BBB due to the number of complaints received.
    We had heard on the forums that people were happy with their orders and so went ahead and did business without checking them out to the degree needed...we may have to wait months for our faucets. They have low prices, but this type of service and worry isn't worth it. Pay more and go to a better site. Hope this info helps others.

By the way, we had fantastic service from FaucetDirect.com and would not hesitate to do business with them again....very professional.

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

Coachark,

Why don't you cancel your order with homecenter.com and place with someone who has the items in stock? I had the same thing happen with lightening from two places. One I waited two weeks and when the items didn't arrive, called to inquire and was told that they only had one and it was broken and the item was discontinued. By then the other places were sold out. They never called to tell me either. I was ripped. But if I could get an item elsewhere rather than wait, I would.

Sue

• THOR, Son of ODIN
    15 years ago

There can be great buys on your local Craigslist/FreeCycle or Habitat Restore.

-Lena

Here is a link that might be useful: Habitat for Humanity ReStores

• mcps
    15 years ago

I orded an 18 gauge kitchen sink from ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/directsinkwares) and was pleased. Also very pleased with faucets ordered from overstock.com.

• coachark
    15 years ago

Sue,
    According to the numerous complaints I have recently read about HomeCenter.com they not only charge 4% for cancelling an order, but will also charge a 35% fee for restocking as they claim the items are en route from other places even though they can't tell you from where or when they are arriving! There are numerous complaints about money not being refunded for several months.
    They have failed to respond to any of my e-mails even though they said that it was the best way to communicate with them. I would love to cancel and will try again tomorrow as no one was able to help me on Saturday even though they're open for business. They couldn't even look up to see if items were in stock on their computer. Does this sound like a well run business? Something is seriously wrong with this company. I should have done my homework!!!

• salal_08
    15 years ago

Coachark, if you purchased your items with a credit card the credit card company will probably back you in this dispute and you can get all your money back. You may have to write a letter documenting the mess but often you can just do it over the phone.

Good Luck!

• igloochic
    15 years ago

i love buycoppercookware.com the service is beyond amazing, prompt shipping, wonderful communications...i absolutely love them and plan on being a long time customer (i made my first order last week and was very impressed)

i thought i was the ebay queen...shoot

i adore 1stdibs.com expensive but wonderful selection of antiques

i couldn't live without designdivafabrics.com (my wallet could but I couldn't)

barney.com will kill your computer.

• danajw
    15 years ago

Before I ever order anything online, I always check out the company at the Better Business Bureau website, www.bbb.org. Information about many of these companies, like Ira Woods, can be found there. This may help you make a decision about whether or not to order from them!

• edlakin
    15 years ago

i've found a few *very* good bargains at www.stockblowout.com. their selection is pretty limited, but the prices are often 1/3rd to 1/2 of retail. it's a great resource for items that you don't need to be particularly choosy about.

also, before buying anything from any website, check one of the many coupon sites like www.couponchief.com. i usually wait until i've found my best deal and then check to find out if there are any coupon codes i can enter while ordering. you can often get at least free shipping.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I too have had great service from both FaucetDirect.com and GalaxyToolSupply. In particular, FaucetDirect kept me updated on backordered items and has checked in on me a few times...something you don't expect from an online company. Our Ticor sink also arrived several days before we expected it (took 2 days, IIRC).

The only other online company I've been just as happy with is Lands' End, but they no longer have kitchen items!

• User
    15 years ago

I was delighted with yourhomesupply.com(as I have said many times) - they have the cabinet hardware and also have a very limited selection of lighting and faucets.
    I was very pleased with csnlighting.com. They do really price match after they verify, and were also quite good about notifying something was on backorder. They periodically send email promos, which is also how I got my faucet from their site everyfaucet.com. Highly recommend everyfaucet.com as well.

I just looked at stockblowout.com from edalkin, and wow that is really a good site. It looks like it is the clearinghouse for all the direct.com (lightingdirect, faucetdirect.com)

• cruzangirl
    15 years ago

LOVE Lightinguniverse.com --I will never buy lights any other way. I just sit down with my design magazines and then look up the items on lightinguniverse.com. They ship so quickly and I have never had anything arrive damaged. I furnished an entire house with lighting all from their website.

Does any one recommend usappliance.com or ajmadison.com for appliance purchases? Buying my kitchen remodel applicances and strongly considering on of the online retailers. Thanks,

Cruzangirl

• abbycat9990
    15 years ago

I love shopping online, but I guess I also prefer to actually see and touch some items before buying (e.g., faucet, sink, hardware and pendants) and didn't want to miss an opportunity to get exactly what I liked. If DH agrees to it, I have to act quickly!

I searched through Sears.com for appliances, and finalized my selection in the local store. However, I did buy a few things online, and I highly recommend the following:
    modwalls.com (Mosaic tiles)
    homedecoratorsoutlet.com and jcpenney.com (counter stools).

• idsgroup
    15 years ago

I always love threads like this!

kitchen cabinets, backsplashes: Doors2Me.com (You can get any custom size without any additional cost!)

wallcoverings: WallCovering-Store.com

ceiling tiles: colorado-ceilings.com

• tropicals9b
    15 years ago

bump

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Good experiences with sites, most of which I found through GW so maybe y'all already know about them:
    Pegasus Lighting
    Rejuvenation
    Coolknobsandpulls
    North River Mint for themed, highly detailed, cute knobs (see separate post a couple of days ago -- now I sound like I'm shilling for them)

Bad experience with Homeannex

• bbstx
    15 years ago

www.locknob.com Very nice knobs and pulls. Wonderful customer service.

• tropicals9b
    15 years ago

bumping again for new news!

• gshop
    15 years ago

Dana thank you for your suggestion to check BBB.org! I just checked out "Homeannex" aka Decorative Hardware Direct and below is just a part of what was reported & why NOT to do business with them. The web site also lists other known names and web sites that Homeannex is doing business as and to AVOID! I wish I had looked first!

"On May 22, 2007, this company's membership in the BBB was REVOKED by the BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to cooperate with the BBB on advertising matters, unresolved complaints, and the companyÂs failure to eliminate the underlying causes of complaints on file with the BBB concerning: non-delivery of merchandise, failure to respond to customer issues and complaints, failure to adhere to its posted policies, and misrepresentation of product availability."

I had contacted my credit card company and they helped fight the fight to get my full refund and finally after 99 days and 50+ phone calls and emails I got my PayPal payment. (I still have to wait another week for the $ to hit my bank account since Homeannex didn't process it correctly to credit my credit card).

There are so many GREAT internet vendors out there that I've had successful transactions with. I've now learned to do a little more homework than just checking for low prices. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bad report on Homeannex

• mungo
    15 years ago

I would highly recommend staying away from Ira Woods. They have a very interesting return policy in that defective/incomplete merchandise is your fault, and your responsibility to return to them. So you pay for shipping (twice), and you have to wait to get a replacement. Plus they never answer the phone.

There are also a ton of negative reviews on epinions that I've now read (too late). Buyer beware.

I've had success during this remodel with homeclick, ebay, amazon (not the best prices maybe, but they stand behind their stuff), homeannex, westside wholesale, and a few others I can't remember. All other transactions have gone smoothly but the one with Ira Wood.

• cait38
    15 years ago

HomeandStone.com. A whitehaus farm sink, a mico faucet, a rohl faucet and a pedestal sink for much less than any other site. I had some questions and a woman named Mindy helped me a great deal. She was really lovely.

• flash407
    15 years ago

I've used US Appliances for my personal homes and for clients. Great customer service (Rachelle is my fav salesperson) and great experience!

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Bumping...am ordering bathroom stuff from Homeclick unless someone reports something real negative real soon. 5% this weekend, btw.

• headspinning
    15 years ago

I can't believe no one's mentioned homeclick until now. love them. great great prices and very good customer service.

• cjacker
    15 years ago

enjoying this thread,
    just btt one more time,
    Thanks

• grannysmith18
    15 years ago

With homeandstone.com, there was an accessory (sink grid) that wasn't on ther website, but I called them and they did have it available, and at the discounted price I was expecting. Sometimes, for whatever reason, these places don't list everything they have available. So don't assume that because you don't see the matching cutting boards, or style faucet you want that they don't have it.

A couple of years ago I called faucetdirect.com to see if they carried the version of the Moen Showhouse faucet I was looking for, and not only did they have it at a great price, within a half hour they had put it on their website.

• irish-kevin
    15 years ago

I have had the best luck with KitchenSource.com for my kitchen remodeling project. So far, everything has arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Prices are usually thr best too.

Here is a link that might be useful: KitchenSource.com Kitchen Accessories

• lezard
    15 years ago
  • nancem
    15 years ago

I've searched these boards and found just one person who has used Plumbtile.com. If anyone has used them, I would be very grateful if you could tell me about your experiene....Delivery and quality good?

Thanks much

• amylovesbud
    15 years ago

Another vote for Faucetdirect.com. Shipping was lightning fast, and they had great prices.

I bought a Lavello sink and it was out of square. They immediately sent a replacement without waiting to get the bad one back. I got the new, perfect sink two days after I contacted them. They were also very responsive to my queries before purchasing.

The Great Indoors sold me my Bertazzoni. It was apparently a unit intended for Germany, not the U.S. The GI salesperson told me to go ahead and wire it to the corresponding hot, neutral and ground wires even though the colors are different. My husband didn't feel good about that and contacted a different Berta service co, and they said to definitely NOT install it. So, The Great Indoors has lost some points from me.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    15 years ago

bump

• chefnewbie
    15 years ago

Homeclick.com
    luxury plumbing plus (ebay store)
    faucetdirect.com
    USAppliance.com
    plumbingsupply.com
    steamsauna.com

We did a whole house (4 bathrooms and two kitchens) and I purchased almost everything online - with the exception of lighting. Did very well at Home Depot and Expo Design and a local lighting store on that. Some of the sites above are not kitchen sites, but I thought I'd add them.

• trixieinthegarden
    15 years ago

I ordered my glass mosaic from Hakatai in a custom design that I planned using their online tool. Great, GREAT customer service, including an unsolicited phone call from them regarding a question on my order before they shipped it. The product was beautiful, prices could not be beat and I was impressed with the entire transaction.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hakatai Tile

• homecenterfool
    13 years ago

Whatever you do, don't purchase anything from Homecenter.com. This is a drop ship scam. If you want to see how many people have been victimized by this scam, just do a google search for "homecenter.com complaints".

I've purchased from a lot of online companies over the past 10 years. The only one I've ever had serious problems with was Homecenter.com. You can read my story by following the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Horrible Experience with Homecenter.com