Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Range hoods

Posted by dee42 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 21:21

What brand(s) of range hoods most of the kitchen remodelers are using??

I currently have a Broan that the control panel keeps going out on -- have had 3 control boards in the last 6 months -- Broan brand is supposed to be one of the better hoods -- -- and the reviews on the Broan web site admit it does have issues -- so am wondering what brand(s) are being used.

Thank you for your information. Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Range hoods

Sjerin just posted her kitchen and thanked me for my suggestion of a Tradewind hood liner. It is an awesome efficient and very affordable liner . They have regular hoods also. I will link below. There are many very expensive hoods being used on this forum , I will say that I have used my Tradewind 1400 cfm /54" hood very very hard for 7 yrs and it is still perfect. c

Here is a link that might be useful: tradewind hood

o
RE: Range hoods

I can't speak from experience for another 3 weeks, but Kobe is supposed to be a good hood and quiet. I checked them out after reading on Appliances and ended up with a 30 inch Chx 191 series, currently sitting in a box waiting for install.

I spent hours comparing specs, and decided I wanted a slightly more powerful hood that I could run on low with a low sone rating on the low setting. Also has baffles, LED lights, and 22 inches deep.

I would steer away from the ones with the heat sensors. I read an article about how they are great in OTR MWs since they are lower and can be more easily damaged, but regular hoods don't need that protection and can end up feeding a grease fire by drawing more oxygen to the fire. Makes sense to me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here