Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houseful_gw

Beautiful White Kitchen with whole house to match

houseful
16 years ago

I just had to post these for you. They were taken at a model home. I was so surprised because you just don't see this often here in Phoenix. It looked like something you'd find on the beach. There was marble everywhere else, but the kitchen is concrete to mimic soapstone, I guess. Notice also the extra deep counters around the sink.

BTW, those are padded, fabric walls in the powder room. It was neat to see, but not very practical.

Comments (36)

• pdxgal
    16 years ago

Oooh! I love it. My style of house for sure. I would kill for those high ceilings. Thanks for sharing.

• lightlystarched
    16 years ago

Whereabouts in Phx was this house? Its beautiful and so different from the "Tuscan" style of everything in Scottsdale.

• lynninnewmexico
    16 years ago

Beautiful and airy! I was looking at the three pendant lights thinking how much I liked them, when I realized . . . I HAVE one of them, but in the medium size! It's the light above my sink. Gorgeous pendants! They're from Hudson Valley Lighting, their Randolph line. Someone else here has them, too, because I first saw them over on the Finished Kitchens site.
    Love the black & white bathroom, too!

• User
    16 years ago

That was stunning! But, the mirror in the bathroom would give me constant anxiety (looks like its falling and it might not stop)

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

I love it. I will have sweet dreams tonight.

• cheri127
    16 years ago

Houseful, thank you so much for posting these beautiful pictures. I'm jealous you got to see this house in person. I keep being told that I have to do inset cabs to keep with look of my house, but I love frameless (for the space) and here's a perfect example of how elegant and timeless full overlay can look.

• User
    16 years ago

I love it...that ? navy or black bathroom and the airy loft look to the house. Beautiful...I bet it was a couple million ?? c

• kateskouros
    16 years ago

i really enjoyed looking at these pics, they made me smile! thanks so much for taking the time to post. i'm going to print these out and file for our new build. this is the house in my head! again, thanks.

• houseful
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's black. The whole house was basically black, white and brown. Every so often there were punches of color in the artwork or various pieces of furniture. I want to say it was $1.5 mil. I didn't pay much attention because I only went for fun and ideas (on a much smaller scale) for my house remodel. I was so embarassed when my sister told the sales guy we were only there for decorating ideas. Usually I keep my mouth shut and let them give me the literature.

LOL, Lightlystarched! I thought the same thing when I walked in. This was one of two models on Pima just south of Pinnacle Peak. Bet you can guess what style the other model was. I actually would be quite happy in this one or a Tuscan one though.

Glad you all enjoy these as much as I do.

• lisa226
    16 years ago

love it love it love it....lisa

• oruboris
    16 years ago

They are just a white shag carpet away from a swingin' 60s pad, man.

• neesie
    16 years ago

Not my preferred style....no color, you can tell it's a model because there's no hint of life in the house. Furthermore, white fabric on the kitchen set???? Not alone you mentioned fabric on the bathroom walls? Speaking as someone who raised three kids and still has a husband, this is not practacal!

• justnotmartha
    16 years ago

it may not be practical, but it's sooo preeeeety! A girl can dream . . . .

• Jean Farrell
    16 years ago

Wow, beautiful. Of course, it would be destroyed in no time flat in my house, but nice to look at.

• mitchdesj
    16 years ago

thanks for those pictures, I love all of it. It's so calm and unified, yet all the textures make it look lived in and interesting.

• deegw
    16 years ago

Oh it's fabulous. Thanks for posting.

• rosie
    16 years ago

Thanks, Houseful for an inspiring view and a chuckle over the powder room (if anything really suggested it wasn't owner-decorated that would have to be it!)

Speaking of local "looks," I recently went on a charity house tour in a subdivision here in the South where all homes were painted in the same few colors (old gold was VERY big, other golds, deep red, deep beiges, browns) and basically decorated top-to-bottom out of those fussy traditional furniture and gift shops. I like and do traditional, so it was a bit of a surprise to find just how much of an oddball I apparently am. To me, decorating so you don't need the lights on during the day is only sensible, as well as very attractive, and it's strange that it can be so odd anywhere, (but especially in hot climates) that it suggests a vacation home at the beach... Maybe the greening up trend will open up ideas of what's appropriate.

• spudderbud
    16 years ago

I really like most of this home. I sure would like to see all of the pics you may have taken of it. I wonder what the bedrooms and laundry look like. Could you please post them or make your photobucket public?

• houseful
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I didn't take any of the other parts of the house, but I can certainly go back sometime soon. The first bedroom was black and white, the second bedroom was brown and white. The two bathrooms above are attached to each bedroom. The master bedroom, if I recall, was pretty much all white like the bathroom. I know my sister commented how as you progress from the master through the living spaces and then to the other bedrooms, they started adding more color. I don't know enough about decorating to notice that kind of thing, but she does.

See what I mean, Rosie? How do you decorate so you don't need the lights on during the day. I wouldn't even know how to do that. I did notice that the model homes always have the lights on, including the can lights. That's why they charge so much for the homes; they have to pay their electric bills!

• hollylh
    16 years ago

Thank you for posting...what a gorgeous house...oh, those ceilings. Here in MA we capture any tiny bit of heat we can get and keep it down low and close! no where are there ceilings like that! (But in my native GA...sigh...)
    And 1.5 mil--really? another BIG sigh. In my town a house like that (which wouldn't exist anyway bc of the ceilings, LOL) would be in the 2's, I'm guessing, at LEAST. And it wouldn't have a yard. But it would have snow :)

• spudderbud
    16 years ago

houseful,
    I sure would appreciate you going back and taking more pics if it wouldn't be too out of the way for you...PLEASE? I would love to see more of this place. I find there to be something very soothing about this house. Right now my house has "cream" walls and I've spent more money painting sample boards trying to find a color I can live with long term...with no success. When I saw the pics you posted I kind of sat up straight and really took notice. The chair bathroom is done up in "Musical Chairs" by Barbara Barry I thought I recognized the pattern.

• houseful
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gladly! I should be able to get there before the weekend is over.

• spudderbud
    16 years ago

houseful,
    Thanks! Take way too many pics if you want, I'm interested in anything!! Did they happen to have a listing of paint colors listed? If you feel you took too many pics to post here you can send them to me at thalvor@charter.net. I can hardly wait!

• sundownr
    16 years ago

Love the white kitchens and baths! I'll have to check back and see the other rooms when you get those pictures. Thanks for posting them!

• houseful
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I can't make it this weekend. I forgot we were doing the family thing for my daughter's birthday (blush!). Give me another week.

• gsciencechick
    16 years ago

I like the black and white hex floor in that one bathroom and the sink vanity/table in the other.

Overall, just WOW.

• madaboutkitchens_gw
    16 years ago

i loooove this house and can't wait to see more photos! thanks for posting! anyone know what kind of fridge that is? it has a great look!

• malhgold
    16 years ago

The frig(which happens to be my favorite) is a Sub Zero Pro 48. Retails for close to $14K.....yikes!!!!

• sharlanet
    16 years ago

Oh, I LOVE it! Thanks for posting the pics and please, pretty please, go take some more! I want to see every detail. I went to a model home once where it was mostly black, white and green. It was very soothing. They added more color in the basement. In fact, I just uploaded them to photobucket to share with ya'll!
    I've been contemplating changing my whole house over to more of a black & white color scheme with blues & greens. (Don't tell hubby though cuz we'll have to get all new furniture.)

Here is a link that might be useful: more eye candy

• wooderlander
    16 years ago

Gorgeous, I love it! Thanks. Love the extra deep kitchen counter and the subway tile, still my favorite though I've read here that it's "out." No, it's classic!

Now I wonder how a perfectly beautiful place like that would look once we got our usual junk spread out all over....

• madaboutkitchens_gw
    16 years ago

thanks, malhgold. why am i not surprised that i would love a 14k frig?? i'll have to put it on the wishlist...

• spudderbud
    16 years ago

I've printed out the pics and have looked at them for a few days now trying to figure out what it is about them I like so much. I think the kitchen & baths have a sense of calm about them. I like this kitchen almost as much as mrslimestone's and the deep countertops like mnhockeymom's, those deep counter really to make a difference. Like a couple of others, I love the Subzero fridge.

Then I noticed the rug on the kitchen floor, hope houseful checks out what brand it is! Even the items in the glass front cabinets look interesting, look like there cream/black stripe. I also really like the fabrics used on the shower curtains, I haven't seen anything premade like them, I wonder if they were custom made?

It will be interesting to see more pics, I'm in Minnesota so can't just go to the home tour in AZ or I sure would. Like I wrote before in an earlier post, I hope houseful takes way too many pics of anything and everything (details) of this place. I think it might just be my inspiration to use to get some final decisions made, from the few pics I've seen I could move right in.

• houseful
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL, Spudderbud! I will try to find out who decorated it. I wonder why I didn't take more pictures in the first place.

• houseful
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got some pictures for you, but now my computer won't let me download. It keeps locking up even though we specifically bought this computer for all my media stuff, AARRGH! I'll keep working on it. I may have to clean a bunch of files off it before I can download more.

• spudderbud
    15 years ago

I'm so glad to got a chance to get back to the house and take more pics, I really look forward to seeing them! There is something about the house that I certainly do like.

• spudderbud
    15 years ago

Houseful, Have you gotten the chance to get the pics downloaded yet? I can hardly to wait to see more pics...I can hardly stand it!! Did you happen to find out who decorated the place or anything else about the details?