Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honey Oak and FX180 Antique Mascarello

Posted by camarodreamer67 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 20:52

If I choose FX180 Antique Mascarello for my counters what would my best backsplash tile be. Lowes is the only local tile supplier. I like subway tile but would like to do something special over sink. Plate rack is to be moved. Thanks so much! I am open to all suggestions! I keep putting off placing my countertop order because I want to be sure!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honey Oak and FX180 Antique Mascarello

No advice, but I am struck by how your cabinets look nearly identical to mine in my existing kitchen, down the hardware! (Mine were installed in fall 1989 -- no idea what brand)

o

Too funny! My house was built in 2000 by an older couple. I am replacing the hardware with the ones in the pic and shuffling the dishwasher and fridge along with some cabinets.

o

FX180 Antique Mascarello was my first choice when I was thinking of keeping my oak cabinets and changing the counters two years ago. My cabinets are laminate with wall paper sides and not nearly as nice as yours or I would keep my cabinets. I think the counters will look great with your cabinets and I wish I could help more but I will help in voting if anyone posts pictures of various backsplashes.

o

Still am not done with my kitchen, three years later, sigh. If you want to see a lighter oak and a lot of Antique Mascarello Formica try my Flickr. This photo is from it.

I was surprised that the countertop is darker than I had expected--at the time I bought this was the lightest of the 180fx products. It's not really dark but it's a lot darker than my old offwhite Formica. Your dark appliances will pick up the black tones in the pattern. Consider a paint for backsplash? Put an interesting light fixture over the sink? A piece of art?

From south wall looking north. Nov 15, 2010

Here is a link that might be useful: Florantha's unfinished kitchen

o

http://www.lowes.com/pd_260587-93840-20-513_0__?productId=3498796&Ntt=stone+backsplash+tile&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dstone%2Bbacksplash%2Btile&facetInfo=

This is the backsplash we had picked out when we were going to go with Antique Mascarello. After getting the quote we decided to go with granite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here