Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyrgirl35

Cabinets made in USA?

nyrgirl35
10 years ago

Is it possible to get reasonably priced cabinets that are made in the USA not just in China?

Comments (21)

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

Yes, there are lots. Here is a link to just some of them.

I have Shenandoah which is sold at Lowes. Very value priced, at least in my opinion.

Here is a link that might be useful: usa cabinets

• crl_
    10 years ago

No personal experience, but Barkers has come up on this forum before.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barkers cabinets

• fouramblues
    10 years ago

I'm happy with my Starmark cabs.

• amh615
    10 years ago

Pretty sure mine are....Shiloh. I think they are considered mid-priced.

• badgergal
    10 years ago

My daughter recently had Fieldstone cabinets installed in her bathroom. She had quotes from three other cabinets companies and while they were close in price, She was able to save a few hundred dollars with Fieldstone. The info below is from their website:

"Based in America, made in America
    Fieldstone Cabinetry is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Here are three of the many reasons why:

We believe in the American workforce, and we believe itâÂÂs crucial to keep jobs in the U.S. ItâÂÂs the right thing to do.
    With management and product teams located in Sioux Falls, decisions are made quickly. This reduces downtime and optimizes the production process.
    Being centrally located in AmericaâÂÂs heartland makes shipping convenient to both the East Coast and West Coast. We receive raw materials faster and can ship your new custom cabinetry anywhere in the U.S. in a reasonable time."

• akshars_mom
    10 years ago

Bellmont cabinets is American made. They are made in Washington state. They have two lines one if a more of a budget line and another mid to upper mid line depending on what you choose.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellmont cabinets

• leela4
    10 years ago

We have cabinets from DeWils which are also made in Washington state.

• _sophiewheeler
    10 years ago

There are PLENTY of American made cabinets out there. The better question would be, what do YOU cosider ''reasonably priced''? What's your budget for cabinets? And what's your layout and wish list? Small budget and stacked painted cabinets with glass and lots of other upgrades just isn't going to happen.

• dcward89
    10 years ago

We chose Barker Cabinets. They are made in America, all the hardware is made in America and no Chinese components like the Chinese plywood with God knows what kind of glues. They are also extremely high quality what I consider a definite reasonable price. We got a quote for Amish-made cabinets with equal construction quality to Barker. The Amish-made cabinets were quoted at $22,000. Barker came in at $10,500. Of course the Amish made included installation but for that kind of price difference we are elated to assemble our cabinets and install them. This is a mostly DIY reno so we are comfortable with doing that ourselves. If you have DIY skills you should DEFINITELY consider Barker.

• nyrgirl35
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone I will be looking into all recommendations! I'm not looking for any crazy upgrades, Not painted, maybe a cabinet or 2 with glass maybe none. Really just want a solid well made cabinet. I would say id like to keep my cabinet budget at $10,000 but less would be great. My kitchen is 26ft by 9ft so even though it's long not wide at all.

• fivefootzero
    10 years ago

We ave Decora...made in Indiana. Couldn't be happier with them.

• ardcp
    10 years ago

i ordered medallion cabinets and their website says they are made in the usa. i went with the silverline level which still gave me soft close and dove tailed drawers but got my maple cabs to $8k. i priced out kemper echo, diamond, kraftmaid and showplace all with a veneer door panel in shaker door with 5pc drawer and showplace was highest at 12k and surprisingly medallion was lowest. i really liked the medallion and kept visiting the lowes display to look at their kraftmaid, diamond and schuler displays(schuler is medallion) and we just really liked the medallion. the nice thing was that the medallion kd was excellent as well so it was a win-win on price and value.
    btw my order was for 19 cabinets, 5 lowers were drawers and 1 lazy susan. i kept the cost down by skipping the molding, light rails and built in refrig cab as those extras i didn't care about and they were pricey. also my kd was cheaper than schuler at lowes!

• xedos
    10 years ago

As posed - the answer to the question is no.

Domestic labor and sub par material cannot compete with Chinese labor and materials on a low price scale.

The answer is waaaaaay more complex when you start to add in your biases for this or that.

i.e. - I'll pay for high quality hinges and drawer runners but not sheet goods (plywood, mdf, partical board) that is of good quality. Or I'll pay for both , but not the skilled labor. Or, I'll gladly pay for skilled domestic labor , but not quality material. or,........

• francoise47
    10 years ago

Many beautiful kitchens on Gardenweb have used Amish cabinet makers -- all made in the USA.

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

We went with Bridgewood. Love them! They are made in Kansas. I would not even consider Chinese cabinetry, but that is just me.

• kalapointer
    10 years ago

Our Medallion cabinets by Elkay are made in the USA.

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    10 years ago

Ikea Akurum cabinets are reasonably priced, and made in the USA. It's more economical for them to do so, because the USA is the only market using non-metric dimensions, so they are produced separately.
    The doors are produced all over the world, but you could use Scherrs for doors, which are compatible.

• redkev
    10 years ago

Assembling the boxes is easy. Go to their site and watch a few videos. We are in the middle of a kitchen remodel. We saved close to 50% on cabinets for similar quality. 100% 3/4" plywood construction, top of the line Blum hardware (Blumotion), dovetailed drawer boxes 5/8" thick, which come fully assembled. They have a wide selection of doors and wood types. Note: these are frameless European style cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barker Cabinets

This post was edited by redkev on Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 17:06

• texasgal47
    10 years ago

Conestoga RTA are excellent US manufactured cabinets as obtained through such retailers as Cabinet Authority and Cabinet Joint. There is significant room to customize cabinet sizes.

• scn61
    10 years ago

Read between the lines. Made in America doesn't mean all American materials. Several cabinet manufacturers had recent price increases due to tariffs placed on imported (Chinese) plywood.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodworking Network article

• wvugal
    10 years ago

We also chose Medallion, and, if I remember correctly, they are made in MN. We are very happy with them- they are beautiful and well made. The cabinets come in different lines, too, so you can manage your budget--if you want! :-)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations