Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattyjill_gw

Show me where you store your everyday dishes.

Pattyjill
10 years ago

I'm trying to figure out where in my new kitchen I will store these dishes. Do you have them in an upper cabinet? Lower Drawers? pantry?

Can you show a pix of your arrangement please.

TIA
patty

Comments (23)

• trailrunner
    10 years ago

open shelves...have had this set up for 7 yrs now. DW is right below the counter on right. Very convenient. c

• taggie
    10 years ago

Mine are in the glass uppers. Just a pivot from the DW in the island, and handy for plating dinners at the range.

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Drawer in the island across from the DW.

• willtv
    10 years ago

Here

• kiko_gw
    10 years ago

In double upper cabinets across from our dishwasher. Everyday dishes are on the bottom left shelf, plastic outdoor dishes are on the left second from the bottom shelf, serving dishes are on the other shelves and the very top shelf of both cabinets is where I store my china. I also have the kids plastic dishes stored in a drawer under our microwave (not pictured).

From Kitchen

• leela4
    10 years ago

Both in an upper cabinet above the dishwasher:

{{!gwi}}

And across from the dishwasher in a drawer in the island:

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

Recently removed two upper cabinet doors to expose the everyday stuff. So far, loving the convenience, and quite happy with the look...

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Mine are in an upper cabinet above the DW. There's no way on God's green earth that I'm showing anyone a picture.

In our remodel, I'm moving the DW over, so one can stand next to the DW and put dishes away, without reaching over the DW.

• 1929Spanish
    10 years ago

Here they are...next to the stove on one side and the sink on the other.

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Dishes are in a 36 inch wide drawer across from the dishwasher. Flatware is in a smaller drawer to the left of the dish drawers. This set up is so convenient for unloading the dishwasher.

• bons
    10 years ago

My Ikea Adel upper cabinet. (I'm still moving my stuff back into the kitchen)

Bonnie

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

I store my everyday dishes and glasses in my dish hutch to the right of the DW. I love this cab. Thanks, Rhome!

• nhbaskets
    10 years ago

Drawer in island, just a step away from dishwasher. We mostly eat at the island, so I love having dishes right there. Flatware is in drawer above dishes.

• debrak_2008
    10 years ago

Mine is similar to nhbaskets. Drawer island, across from the sink and DW. No pegs in mine drawer.

• finestra
    10 years ago

Mine are in a drawer immediately to the right of the DW. The glasses go above in the glass paned upper cabinet. The silverware are in the drawer on top of the counter. The kitchen is unfinished in the picture.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• 2LittleFishies
    10 years ago

Drawer in island across from dishwasher : )

• suzanne_sl
    10 years ago

Also in a drawer across from the DW (love this!!!)

with the glasses and mugs in an upper to the left of the sink.

The silverware is in the drawer above the dishes.

• ratrem
    10 years ago

We have 2 5' long reclaimed shelves that store our everyday plates, bowls, coffe cups (though my 8 week nursling disagrees with caffeine), little plates (need more of these), and canister set I use often. Love the easy access to get and put away:

My almost 4 year old has her own drawer close to the floor. She gets and puts away her own "dishes"

Finally we use these glasses on a daily basis for our brita:

Love how easy it is to access everything. Our open shelves do at times look a bit barren when both dish drawers are full.

• drbeanie2000
    10 years ago

Ours are in the middle drawer of the 3-drawer bank nearest the end of the peninsula. You can see the DW on the right of the picture, obscured by the island. It's easy to unload the DW right into this drawer, and the drawer is handy for setting places at the peninsula counter, the table in the background, and the DR table in the next room.

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

Upper cabs left of the range and right of the sink, like 1929Spanish's layout. No pics cuz I'm planning my remodel, but that location will probably not change. Very handy.

This post was edited by island on Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 14:23

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

This is an older pic (and old DW). I think I must have been in the process of taking off the doors to see if I liked the open-shelf look. Not so much, even after I painted the inside of the cabinet, so the doors are back, now.

There are a few odds-and-ends cups, glasses, and kiddie dishes in the cabinet to the left.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I went with a giant drawer - the drawer is being modified as the weight superseded the cabinet structure - I will have a hidden drawer inside the big drawer to spit the weight. I also no longer use the pegboard (saved 8 lbs). I love the drawer - but check the weight limits - the drawer weighed 30lbs plus the 8lb pegboard and 75lbs of dishes. The glides held but the way the drawer was mounted seemed to be the problem.
    My cutlery is in the drawers above and glasses above -
    It is all very close to the DW and on the way into the DR.

• ginny20
    10 years ago

Mine are like annkh's, in an upper over the DW. The upper is over 40" wide, so I can stand next to the open DW and just put the dishes up and away. My kitchen is small.

Like annkh, I'm not giving you a picture. Although mine are still orderly - it's only been a year and a half. Give it time.