Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sneak peek - typhoon bordeaux green is in!

Posted by akcorcoran (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 20:26

I know it's best to way for beauty shots for reveals but folks have helped me so much here along the way, I couldn't help it. The countertops went in last night and I'm in love! Here's my new Typhoon Bordeaux Green...

Bottom pic is the backsplash - It's not being held right though. bottom row of travertine on top of countertop will be perpendicular, then the glass tile border, then the rest up to the cabinet will be on the 45 degree diamond pattern. Can't wait!

Now if I can only figure out the pendants, I'll be in good shape. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't want industrial-type pendants these days! I just feel like they are heavy for the space.

Anyway, voila!

P.S. Kohler Vinnata faucets aren't actually mounted yet - just leaning there for me to see how they looked. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sneak peek - typhoon bordeaux green is in!

Aw, can't help it - one more of the island - that's what it was all about for me.

o

Lovely kitchen---and the granite is beautiful! I can see why you're so excited. Love it.

o

Well, that's because that island is stellar!!! Gorgeous slab! Wow, it really looks stunning. Nice combo with the cabinets. Enjoy it in good health! Beautiful. I am liking your back splash tile selections too!

o

Yay - thanks, everyone!

I nearly had a nervous breakdown because I was choosing a stone with movement and color and not something super neutral that you see in most "trends" these days. But my cabinets were neutral and creamy and they really surround the kitchen, leaving the island as the centerpiece. There is a bronze glaze in the cabinets that you can't really see in the photos - why do we always end up taking them at night in the worst lighting? :-) Anyway, it really came out just as I imagined it!

I am SO excited for when the backsplash goes in because the glass tile is beautiful.

The lights are my latest up-all-night-dilemma so if you've got ideas, I'd love to hear them. I so appreciate GW!

Here's a closeup of the border with the travertine and the paint color. And then the second photo of the four 1x1 glass tile colors - those are the colors being used in the "feature" in the backsplash for the rangetop, underneath the hood. There are 2x2s in green that have a single pattern from the border (the cris-crossing circles) and then the colors make up the background. Hopefully it's backsplash jewelry!

o

I love it. I originally chose a Netuno Bordeaux. It had more green than your Typhoon Bordeaux but had the same amount of movement. It is absolutely stunning. I think I am going to call my KD in the morning to see if I can start over in my search but it may be too late.

o

It's wonderful! Thanks for the peek. Keeps us moving too. I think your backsplash is going to look smashing with your countertops.

Will you use a low profile undercabinet light? We've been posting about such (hard wire and low voltage) here on kitchens and on lighting. I'm actively searching right now.

o

What a knock out that granite is! Gorgeous. Can't wait to see the whole thing put together!

No suggestions here for lights -- good luck with that decision. I'm sweating over paint colors right now.

o

Beautiful! Congrats!

Looks like you're getting close, how exciting!

o

That is gorgeous! Love all the tile choices. I would have jumped all over that stone if it had been at the stone yard.

o

Your stone is pretty! And I'm with you on the non-industrial pendants. For me, they're too overdone at this point. Looking forward to see your kitchen all put together.

o

Wow that is soooooooooo pretty!!

o

Stunning!! I love it!

o

Fabulous!

o

Beautiful!!! I'm an island girl myself, so I get your excitement. I love the movement and the colors. Very nice. Keep posting pics as you continue to finish up!

o

Thank you, everyone! I so appreciate your support - now but even moreso when I turn here for advice and information. You are all such an invaluable resource! Xoxox

o

SparklingWater, we are going with LED under counter lighting that comes in a thin strip with double sided adhesive. I know that sounds crazy but it's a teeny strip of LED lights that then hook up to a small transformer (nothing you see.). You run it under the cabinet and i believe it comes in 20 ft increments. I was super skeptical until I spent time at the local high-end lighting stores looking at it, talking to the experts and reading about it online. I'll try to find your posts and pass on more info about it. Good luck!

o

Wow! I can see why you're in love!

o

Thanks for the feedback akcorcoran. Yes, I'm thinking low voltage will solve my profile problem and will talk with my GC. Hard wire low profile (which isn't typically low enough) isn't going to work for me I don't think. Do not want to see anything viewing across the room (3/4" light rail).

o

That granite is to die for! I am a total movementy-granite girl. Congratulations on your beautiful kitchen.

o

Oh, dear, that is truly gorgeous. Typhoon bordeaux was my second choice behind Cambria Shirebrook. Now having severe countertop envy . . . .

o

Beautiful granite!! It looks great with your cabinets!

May I ask you what finish your faucets are? The Vinnatta is one I'm considering but can't decide on a finish, lol.

I know what you mean about these decisions keeping us up all night!

o

Love love love it! And all of your backsplash and paint choices look spot on! Way to go!

o

So gorgeous!

o

Gore.gous.
And I am in love with the combo with the sparkly backsplash tile. Clipping this post for sure!

o

Really nice!

o

Oooh, I love your granite!! I think the backsplash goes with it really well. A close friend did travertine 4x4 with pewter 2x2 dots in your accent tile. I can't wait to see finished pictures!

o

That is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the final reveal!!
I can't really tell about the BS on my computer screen - but will trust your eyes!!
I think I had those same glass tiles to view - they match your colors in the granite nicely.

o

You're going to hate to put anything ON those counters, and cover that granite up! That BS is also gorgeous! It really looks like it was custom made for your granite!

o

That granite has it all, I love it!

o

I love all of you for loving it! I already want to drape myself on it every night and the backsplash isn't even in yet! Starting that tomorrow. Hooray!

And, I am hoping that, like raehelen said, that my not wanting to put anything on the countertop to cover it up will carry over to my DH and two DDs 9 and 10 yrs old. Or I'll be hounding them every day!

Sigh - such a relief to feel good about this. So many major decisions!

Thank you again, everyone!

o

Gorgeous stone! I can see why you are in love. I love the color and movement too. The BS looks like a great match.

o

Gorgeous! This one is on my short list and I'm so glad to see it installed. Can't wait to see your backsplash

o

I just love, love, love that granite! I can't imagine anything prettier. Because of you and your beautiful granite I went for the Typhoon also. It isn't as lovely as yours but I fell in love with it! The Netuno was way too green(and already sold so maybe that is just sour grapes) but had the gorgeous movement in it that your's does. I just can't wait to see your whole kitchen when the BS is done! Best wishes for many wonderful years in your new kitchen!

o

It is so beautiful! I have Typhoon Bordeaux in my Master Bath and I love it!

o

Love your granite and BS! We just put a downpayment on 2 slabs of TB! Our current bs is 4x4 travertine set on diagonal, and fabricator assures us he can preserve it with teatout of old counters. Is there a seam anywhere in your granite? We may need one on the diagonal in the L-shaped corner. Fabricator said he won't cut anything until we approve placement of templates though. And that's still several weeks away- awaiting new island. So I will live vicariously through your pix! Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here