Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akcorcoran_gw

Sneak peek - typhoon bordeaux green is in!

akcorcoran
11 years ago

I know it's best to way for beauty shots for reveals but folks have helped me so much here along the way, I couldn't help it. The countertops went in last night and I'm in love! Here's my new Typhoon Bordeaux Green...

Bottom pic is the backsplash - It's not being held right though. bottom row of travertine on top of countertop will be perpendicular, then the glass tile border, then the rest up to the cabinet will be on the 45 degree diamond pattern. Can't wait!

Now if I can only figure out the pendants, I'll be in good shape. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't want industrial-type pendants these days! I just feel like they are heavy for the space.

Anyway, voila!

P.S. Kohler Vinnata faucets aren't actually mounted yet - just leaning there for me to see how they looked. :-)

Comments (45)

• akcorcoran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Aw, can't help it - one more of the island - that's what it was all about for me.

• sail_away
    11 years ago

Lovely kitchen---and the granite is beautiful! I can see why you're so excited. Love it.

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

Well, that's because that island is stellar!!! Gorgeous slab! Wow, it really looks stunning. Nice combo with the cabinets. Enjoy it in good health! Beautiful. I am liking your back splash tile selections too!

• Holly- Kay
    11 years ago

I love it. I originally chose a Netuno Bordeaux. It had more green than your Typhoon Bordeaux but had the same amount of movement. It is absolutely stunning. I think I am going to call my KD in the morning to see if I can start over in my search but it may be too late.

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

It's wonderful! Thanks for the peek. Keeps us moving too. I think your backsplash is going to look smashing with your countertops.

Will you use a low profile undercabinet light? We've been posting about such (hard wire and low voltage) here on kitchens and on lighting. I'm actively searching right now.

• justmakeit
    11 years ago

What a knock out that granite is! Gorgeous. Can't wait to see the whole thing put together!

No suggestions here for lights -- good luck with that decision. I'm sweating over paint colors right now.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Congrats!

Looks like you're getting close, how exciting!

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

That is gorgeous! Love all the tile choices. I would have jumped all over that stone if it had been at the stone yard.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Your stone is pretty! And I'm with you on the non-industrial pendants. For me, they're too overdone at this point. Looking forward to see your kitchen all put together.

• taggie
    11 years ago

Wow that is soooooooooo pretty!!

• purrus
    11 years ago

Stunning!! I love it!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Fabulous!

• momto3kiddos
    11 years ago

Beautiful!!! I'm an island girl myself, so I get your excitement. I love the movement and the colors. Very nice. Keep posting pics as you continue to finish up!

• akcorcoran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, everyone! I so appreciate your support - now but even moreso when I turn here for advice and information. You are all such an invaluable resource! Xoxox

• akcorcoran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

SparklingWater, we are going with LED under counter lighting that comes in a thin strip with double sided adhesive. I know that sounds crazy but it's a teeny strip of LED lights that then hook up to a small transformer (nothing you see.). You run it under the cabinet and i believe it comes in 20 ft increments. I was super skeptical until I spent time at the local high-end lighting stores looking at it, talking to the experts and reading about it online. I'll try to find your posts and pass on more info about it. Good luck!

• Linda
    11 years ago

Wow! I can see why you're in love!

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback akcorcoran. Yes, I'm thinking low voltage will solve my profile problem and will talk with my GC. Hard wire low profile (which isn't typically low enough) isn't going to work for me I don't think. Do not want to see anything viewing across the room (3/4" light rail).

• friedajune
    11 years ago

That granite is to die for! I am a total movementy-granite girl. Congratulations on your beautiful kitchen.

• MizLizzie
    11 years ago

Oh, dear, that is truly gorgeous. Typhoon bordeaux was my second choice behind Cambria Shirebrook. Now having severe countertop envy . . . .

• geomeg
    11 years ago

Beautiful granite!! It looks great with your cabinets!

May I ask you what finish your faucets are? The Vinnatta is one I'm considering but can't decide on a finish, lol.

I know what you mean about these decisions keeping us up all night!

• heidihausfrau
    11 years ago

Love love love it! And all of your backsplash and paint choices look spot on! Way to go!

• azpedsrn
    11 years ago

So gorgeous!

• chiefy
    11 years ago

Gore.gous.
    And I am in love with the combo with the sparkly backsplash tile. Clipping this post for sure!

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

Really nice!

• momtofour
    11 years ago

Oooh, I love your granite!! I think the backsplash goes with it really well. A close friend did travertine 4x4 with pewter 2x2 dots in your accent tile. I can't wait to see finished pictures!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the final reveal!!
    I can't really tell about the BS on my computer screen - but will trust your eyes!!
    I think I had those same glass tiles to view - they match your colors in the granite nicely.

• raehelen
    11 years ago

You're going to hate to put anything ON those counters, and cover that granite up! That BS is also gorgeous! It really looks like it was custom made for your granite!

• bowyer123
    11 years ago

That granite has it all, I love it!

• akcorcoran
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love all of you for loving it! I already want to drape myself on it every night and the backsplash isn't even in yet! Starting that tomorrow. Hooray!

And, I am hoping that, like raehelen said, that my not wanting to put anything on the countertop to cover it up will carry over to my DH and two DDs 9 and 10 yrs old. Or I'll be hounding them every day!

Sigh - such a relief to feel good about this. So many major decisions!

Thank you again, everyone!

• kaysd
    11 years ago

Gorgeous stone! I can see why you are in love. I love the color and movement too. The BS looks like a great match.

• Terri
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! This one is on my short list and I'm so glad to see it installed. Can't wait to see your backsplash

• Holly- Kay
    11 years ago

I just love, love, love that granite! I can't imagine anything prettier. Because of you and your beautiful granite I went for the Typhoon also. It isn't as lovely as yours but I fell in love with it! The Netuno was way too green(and already sold so maybe that is just sour grapes) but had the gorgeous movement in it that your's does. I just can't wait to see your whole kitchen when the BS is done! Best wishes for many wonderful years in your new kitchen!

• weimom
    11 years ago

It is so beautiful! I have Typhoon Bordeaux in my Master Bath and I love it!

• juleecat
    11 years ago

Love your granite and BS! We just put a downpayment on 2 slabs of TB! Our current bs is 4x4 travertine set on diagonal, and fabricator assures us he can preserve it with teatout of old counters. Is there a seam anywhere in your granite? We may need one on the diagonal in the L-shaped corner. Fabricator said he won't cut anything until we approve placement of templates though. And that's still several weeks away- awaiting new island. So I will live vicariously through your pix! Enjoy!

• Christina Crowe
    9 years ago

i had to chime in--just invested in netuno bordeaux that i'm praying looks not too wild with my simple-style canvas kraftmaid cabinets and wood floors. nothing is installed yet and i went for it on the granite. after starting looking at all the whites and grays out there, i went in the opposite direction. i also ordered champagne bronze faucet and cabinet knobs as we have a traditional house with lots of brass doorknobs. i hope it's not "too much" but think i will love it. here are some poorly lit photos of our slabs (Why don't granite places invest in better lighting?) which are much lighter in person. hoping for a warm, not too contemporary look in the end.

• jan_in_davis
    9 years ago

Gorgeous!! I love the movement and the subtle colors, and your backsplash tiles mesh so perfectly with the granite.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

So pretty!! Everything is just perfect and can't wait to see it with the bs. Hopefully you won't make us wait too long and will do another sneak peak?????

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

wow! now that's one granite I'd pet! you're trying to make me want granite, aren't you? My sister hates the green granite her dh picked out for their bathroom - she'd love this. I won't tell her and make her more miserable tho.

this one goes right with rain forest to be my 2 favorites! oh, and the Van Gogh (I think that's the turquoise one I love). tho that one would probably be too much for me on a counter. maybe a small piece for wall artwork.

I also don't care so much for most industrial lighting. You'll find the right one.

can't wait to see it all done. Think I need to save one of your pics so I can just look at it off and on...

• steph2000
    9 years ago

Since this old thread got resurrected, I just wanted to complement you, Christine, on your granite. It sounds like your kitchen is going to be a beautiful, organic space. Don't forget to post a reveal when you are done so we can live vicariously.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

I didn't realize with was an old thread. Where can we see the finished kitchen?

• Christina Crowe
    9 years ago
    Didn't mean to hijack this post in any way, just excited to see someone else in love with the Bordeaux granites.
  • Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Christina your Netuno Bordeaux is just lovely. I fell in love with one but it was a lot more green than yours and was already sold so I went with Typhoon Bordeaux and love it. The Netuno will look fabulous with white cabs. Please post pics of your kitchen when it's installed.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Really gorgeous stone. Wow! I should have waited it out for the typhoon Bordeaux instead of settling for the crappy granite I put in bath.

• HongRu Steidl
    3 years ago

just ran into this and would like to get suggestion on paint color for the bathroom as I will use my netuno bordeaux granite as my bathroom counter on top of maple cabinet.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH