Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marcolo - did you see this? Chambers Range

Posted by chris11895 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 20:23

I thought of you when I saw this on Craigslist: Chambers Range
I know you weren't up for rehabbing a range but it sounds like this may be in working order? Just thought I'd post in case you or someone else is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Chambers Range

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marcolo - did you see this? Chambers Range

This one is loved, maintained, and ready to rock and roll. Or listen to Perry Como.

o

Thanks! That's awesome. Very close to me. Don't know if I have the guts, though.

Plus, while I'm doubting I need 22K burners, I think I need better than 9.

Plus, plus, I'm still in that trying-to-get-the-architect-to-call-me-back phase....

o

Surely they're better than 9K on a Chambers? My 1949 OKM has 15K on three and a bit higher on one for boiling.

o

I agree, someone kept it very nice and clean, sometimes with old gas stoves that's a bit difficult. I love it.

o

I actually found somewhere (can't find it now) a list of Chambers BTUs from back in the day. Yes, they're only 9K. I know the OKMs were higher.

o

Hopefully someone on here can take! It needs to go to a loving home. I can hear the Sarah McLaughlin music playing every time I look at it - you know, just like the ads for adopting dogs :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here