Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robe75

$460 installation quote to install double oven... too high?

robe75
13 years ago

Sears quoted me $460 to install a double oven. Not including an additional $65 for delivery. I already have a 40 amp breaker and proper line size to the oven so no electrical needed.

It's replacing a single oven/microwave combo so it will require the installer to cut out the cabinet opening a little larger and build a platform for the double ovens to sit on since it will sit a little lower than the previous unit.

Does this quote sound really high to anyone else? I'm thinking of just going with Sears so it's a Sears contractor doing the work and potentially avoid any warranty issues with installation, but $460 seems pretty high.

Thanks for any tips.

Comments (6)

• annkathryn
    13 years ago

I just did exactly what you're considering. I had a single oven with a microwave above it, and replaced both with a double oven. I was concerned that the double oven (at 51") was taller than the cut-out that was there before, but my contractor assured me he could make it work. He cut into the top cabinet and also the lower one (drawer underneath it) and had to build a new platform. It probably took him about 5 hours to do it all. He charged me $250 for the oven install, but it's just a line item on a larger project. I'm pretty sure he's got additional $$s built in to the total cost for his profit, so I'm guessing if he'd only done the oven install it would have been a higher price.

I think the Sears price is maybe a tad high, but it doesn't seem way out of line if there's carpentry work to be done. See if they'll waive the delivery charge, or give you a rebate for it.

• searscares
    13 years ago

To robe75 ,
    I saw this post and I wanted to reach out to you regarding the installation of your double oven. IÂm not positive what that estimate encompasses and IÂm sure itÂs accurate, but youÂve posed a concern here and we would like to make sure that it is accurate and see if we can be of some assistance. If itÂs not accurate, we will absolutely make sure that you get an accurate estimate. We also monitor things like this to ensure the service is completed to your satisfaction. We can also help with the delivery fee for you. My name is Brian and IÂm part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the double oven was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (robe75) used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    Brian J.
    Senior Case Manager

• neilaz
    13 years ago

This being the only work being done i would think it sounds about right. remember there are a lot of costs involved in doing business other than just the install you see.

• rayrose
    13 years ago

My electrician installed mine for $75. Shop around.

• koolforkatz
    13 years ago

I just had my double oven installed for $80 - it was bundled with my kitchen cabinet install but I think even the appliance store where I bought the oven was only going to charge about $300.

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company